Most impact late game- AP mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lastchancexi

04-03-2012

LB and Veigar really do fall off late game as people get tankier and you can't one shot as easily.

Karthus/Ryze are amazing late game, both of them do so much damage, and both of them can just carry teams. Those 2 are the ones you want to play.

Malpractice

04-03-2012

I would suggest Swain,
He can have allot of impact in teamfights late game

Hughes De Payens

04-04-2012

Cassio. Her ult swings teamfights because it's a massive AOE stun/slow and it also bursts for enormous damage. She's also hard to counter in lane.

Calindel

04-04-2012

And the answer is... "Lux" . Cause she is bad ass.

Amoc

04-04-2012

Katarina! (If the enemy team doesn't have very good CC). Death Lotus twice in one fight? Yes please.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

Vlad. AOE CC, AOE damage and an AOE ult that increases damage done to targets then makes them go boom. You won't be a single target nuking god compared to others but you won't suck either.

Cass has a good, not great ult. Yes it is an AOE stun only if everyone is in range and facing her. I have played Cass in more than 50 normal games and I can count on one hand how many times I have nailed a perfectly timed ult that my team was right on top of and that I lived through. Yes some of that is a testament to my skill but there is no denying it is a tough one to land perfectly and live through.

Karthus is undoubtedly a huge team asset.

Morgana and Lux are big time team assets but some would argue that they are part support which I mostly disagree with.

Really you have to look at who doesn't bring much to the team. Some would argue but I would say that is Brand, Ahri, Kassadin, Malzahar, Ryze. Leblanc and Xerath. Many of these champs are purely about the damage to the table so in that sense they are a huge asset. Others just don't have any utility to go with that damage at all. Brand does big damage but has very little damage. There are plenty of other champs who do every bit as much damage as he does but can AOE stun, slow or AOE ult (that can hit the whole team).

Sookee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

It looks like a lot of you either don't main AP mids...or don't play any serious games...

How is Katarina any good anywhere? On stun cancels her whole kit..

And Veigar? Yes his AP scales but he is completely countered by a GA.

Problem the best late game champs to have are Kennen, Karthus, Ahri and Cassiopeia.

DavidiusMaximus

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
LB and Veigar really do fall off late game as people get tankier and you can't one shot as easily.

Karthus/Ryze are amazing late game, both of them do so much damage, and both of them can just carry teams. Those 2 are the ones you want to play.
what

Orthes

04-05-2012

I'd honestly say Galio has some of the most effect late game. He has an AoE slow, a line speed boost, a shield that lowers damage and heals himself.

Oh yeah and his AoE Taunt + Damage Ult. I've played some of my best games of protect the kog with this guy.

MBirk

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpractice View Post
I would suggest Swain,
He can have allot of impact in teamfights late game
Swain is very good. But can be hard countered by a number of things/champs.
Ignite, trist, katarina anti-heals.
Burst, ala chogath, morg, noc.
Steal his blue.
Displacements. Janna pushing him away, making him waste mana on nothing. Lee, trist, alistar, etc. Knocking him out of the fight really messes him up. he stops healing, he stops damaging, and might not be able to walk back in due to slow, etc.

Good last pick. but too early and someone might hard counter you.