Most impact late game- AP mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJackAttack

04-02-2012

So I'm working on expanding my arsenal of champs, and I'm mainly interested in AP mid casters that have the most impact late game. So far I'm a big fan of Morgana and Cass, but both are quite commonly banned in ranked play or draft mode. I can dominate my lane as Ziggs, but unless I snowball out of control I find his late game presence to be a bit lacking.

Ideas?

KrystalSundancer

04-02-2012

Malzahar?

I do not enjoy getting caught up with him late game but I've seen few struggle.

2inchesofsteel

04-02-2012

Tiny evil yordle... Farm your q n burst anything

Dave Kazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

I find that Veigar is a stupidly powerful nuker late-game (if you farm your Q of course).

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Depends on how you define impact...

Do you want to instagib single/multiple targets or does your definition of impact include things like AOE CC, tankyness or utility skills?

If you use the purest sense of impact (turning teamfights, utility, aoe, decent dmg, etc) then I'd include some people like Morde and Karma. If they do ok in their lanes then they can simply ruin the enemy's chances in an 'even' teamfight. In a more realistic sense I'd probably bring up Morgana, Annie and Ryze. They all bring a nice balance of strong single/multi target damage, CC and general utility (Morg can basically ruin the chances of killing your AD carry thanks to black shield, can split up entire enemy team (flash ult hourglass). Annie brings strong burst and INSANE CC (if placed well and positioned properly). A good tib ult makes an entire team fight essentially over. 3+ of their team stunned for 1.5 seconds while being bursted down 1/2 their health is a rather easy win.

corallein

04-02-2012

Karthus
Ryze (technically not AP)
Veigar

ThorHammerz

04-02-2012

Karthus...... walk in, throw wall down, get focused, pop zhonyas

Iridos

04-02-2012

Ryze
Karthus
Veigar

That order

DLT CorE

04-03-2012

Ahri
Veigar
LeBlanc
Karthus

Ahri, Veigar and LeBlanc are hard champions to master, so don't go playing like if it was easy. Unless you know what you're doing, of course. (except Karthus, don't play him much, so I can't say)

TehJackAttack

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT CorE View Post
Ahri
Veigar
LeBlanc
Karthus

Ahri, Veigar and LeBlanc are hard champions to master, so don't go playing like if it was easy. Unless you know what you're doing, of course. (except Karthus, don't play him much, so I can't say)
Leblanc has one of the worst end-games of any viable ap-mid, I'm pretty sure... And also has 0 team fight utility. I do like Veigar, though he definitely wouldn't be listed as "hard to master" in my book.