Bot Difficulty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anrix

04-02-2012

I normally play bot games, and its not because I don't enjoy PvP. Its not that I didn't give it a fair shot, I think I've played around 40 matches give or take, I just don't enjoy my own teammates in PvP, most are too opinionated in a non-constructive manner and if you are on a losing side the chat becomes childish and filled with everyone blaming each other. Because of this reason I feel I can't be the only one that prefers bot games to actual PvP.

The Bot game kind of renewed itself with the AI change and the expansion of the bot roster. But now, it seems the bots have been dumbed down again and we are back to crushing them in 20 minutes no matter the makeup.

Why does the difficulty level stop at intermediate for bots when I am certain there is an audience out there for a more challenging difficulty level? I am not even asking for higher IP and XP rewards, just a more challenging experience.

SoNyuhTaeyeon

04-02-2012

When I came across your thread, I thought you were going to talk about problems of ganking bottom lane.

I was misled.

Considering your situation, imho, I think you should just play normals. You're playing a multiplayer game that depends on teamwork; you're going to have bad players and good players.

Not sure why you posted this post. Are you trying to garner support for stronger bots? Because truth of the matter is, you're better off playing normals with everyone muted from the start. I do NOT foresee bots being as good as normal players anytime soon.

I play against bots sometimes just for IP and they are ridiculously easy. Even as intermediates, though I guess harder than they were 2 years ago.

On a side note,

I'm one of those that blames others, brashingly rage and act immaturely towards any players which I think are complete trash.But you know what? I enjoy every second of it. Why? Why must people like me insist on making a trash community?

2 Reasons why i do what i do:
1. The common excuse that normals doesn't matter means they don't have to try as hard. Bull donkey. It's a game, you don't play to simply have fun. You play to have fun and WIN. If I see you trying less than 100%, you're going to get shatted on.
2. I want a good game. Listen, I don't expect every game to win. Hell even 1/3 satsifies me sometimes. But you know what? Don't die consistently and then say you don't care. Because fact of the matter is, you're just making excuses for being bad. Buy wards. Call your lanes. Defend. Don't over extend if you're losing the lane. That's all i ask.

Anrix

04-02-2012

I appreciate the response, and the insight into the mentality.

After I posted I realized this should probably have been posted in General, but Summoner's Rift was on my mind, seeing as how I play it 99% of the time.

I am pretty non-confrontational, unless ultimately forced, I just don't want to waste the energy, that doesn't mean I don't want to play well or win. But some people go out of their way to make the match un-enjoyable for their own team. If a person really had winning in mind they wouldn't abuse their teammates, its not like it produces results.

It just makes the whole team way over-emotional and knocks them off their game, especially those that were struggling to begin with.

I realize posting this may seem like I have had my fair share of verbal abuse from other player, but honestly I play quite well most of the time, I just can't stand seeing other people getting dumped on when they are obviously trying and getting out played.

The way this game works is that someone has to lose, and though a person should not be striving to lose, they certainly shouldn't be shocked by it. I've played my fair share of team sports as a kid, way before everyone was handed a trophy just for showing up, needless to say I am no sore loser, or winner. I just play the game.

That being said, I understand this is a team game, and even against bots it is no less than a team game, and I am garnering support for more difficult bots to increase the need for cooperative play against AI, ultimately increasing the quality of team play for those who are not PvPers in general.

Empressium

04-02-2012

dude prolong ur bot game to 30 minutes++ , thats when their freaking gold cheat starts to make them really annoying, seriously even at 110-35, oh not to mention their infamous "MECHANICAL PRECISION"