Physical damage formula - for early game/jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaamos

Adjudicator

04-02-2012

I thought this could help some of you.

100 / (100 + (ARMOR - (1/10 * (ARMOR - ARP) + ARP))) * DMG

1/10 - the %ARP that you receive from off. masteries.

-> you can always replace it with what %ARP you might have at any given point in time

You can use it in Excel or any other software you use for automatic calculations.

Example of use in Excel:

-> =100/SUM(100,SUM(A,-SUM(1/10*SUM(A,-B),B)))*C

--> where A column is Armor
B column is ARP
C column is Dmg

Small utilities for calculating individual champion damage can be easily created.

It could help out novice junglers and new players in creating masteries and rune pages for optimum autoattack damage/physical abilities damage for early game/jungle.

You can get the base stats of champions from lol wikia.

I hope I've managed to help out.

Good luck kicking arses.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

heres a spreed sheet that does this simple calculatiosn already...

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrmCkr
http://www.mediafire.com/?qjcca1bcw8b6y9o Safe link, look's pretty good.
i should eventually produce sources for my advanded spreed sheet that does champ stats per lvl all runes masteries calculations and items

with graph representation of damage vrs armour all based on your curent champ set up and a side by side comparison to a second setup

kaamos

Adjudicator

04-02-2012

Super!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

For this to really be helpful, you need to show the armor of all the junglers at start time, instead of telling em to go check a wiki. And then offer some kind of conclusion with math support.

You are giving a complicated formula and telling "new players" to do it all on their own.

Big Wolf: 9 armor.
little ones: 6 armor

Blue golem 20 armor
little lizard: 8 armor

big wraith: 15
little wraith: 5

2golems: 12

The TL;DR of all this stuff is this:

You don't want to go overkill on your Armor Penetration since you CAN NOT make a monster have negative armor with penetration. Extra pen is WASTED.

If you do 21 offense you will have 6 for free. You also have 10% apen (which is mostly wasted since it happens after flat penetration).

Therefore you do not want much armor penetration in your Red Runes to avoid the overkill factor. AD and AS flat runes tend to work much better. Especially since armor penetration runes were NERFED a while back.

Astral Yorae

04-02-2012

Kaamos, there is also this tool arround.
Any feedbacks/critics/suggestion on it would be welcome.

StrmCkr, I already started a similar project. If you want to help developing it, you would be most welcome.

StrmCkr

04-02-2012

Quote:
Astral Yorae
how far are you into yours?

all i have left in mine is ability deatails for all the champs
never mind i found your thread.

mines more advanced... it does refrence lookups to data tables for everything and updates page for the stats based on the names entered {items,runes(1-3 tiers), masteries,champs ect}

instead of having to know the data and manually enter it in.

Quote:
Therefore you do not want much armor penetration in your Red Runes to avoid the overkill factor. AD and AS flat runes tend to work much better. Especially since armor penetration runes were NERFED a while back.
correct optimized jungling marks and quins for damage out put is:
6 flat pen 3 flat ad and 3 flat ad quins.

Quote:
For this to really be helpful, you need to show the armor of all the junglers at start time, instead of telling em to go check a wiki. And then offer some kind of conclusion with math support.
thanks ! i was going to update my post with all the data today after i got some much needed sleep:

Astral Yorae

04-02-2012

@StrmCkr

Nice. Would love to take a look. I am not an advanced Excel user, so I had to do it my ugly way. :P

kaamos

Adjudicator

04-02-2012

It is not a complicated formula by any means.

I could have given the jungle stats and that is what I am sorry about.

CTLegacy

12-10-2012

Is this formula the same for S3? or if not, can it please be adjusted? A streamer today was trying to do the maths and it was quite complicated! lol

Vaaz

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post

If you do 21 offense you will have 6 for free. You also have 10% apen (which is mostly wasted since it happens after flat penetration).
This is not true, In S3, they reversed it. %Pen is first, flat is second.