"How to get 5.0 KDA as mundo" guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halojinix View Post
Roles that he cannot perform? Besides DPS and Tank builds, what exactly are you referring to? He is a beefy dps champ. I don't think anyone is trying to shoehorn him into any builds he wasn't designed for.
Tank is one of those shoe horn roles that he cannot perform. If that needs to be explained... that explains much in and of itself.

Quote:
Let's compare Garen and Mundo. In teamfights, not only does Garen bring MUCH more to the table with better survivability, but also does more sustained dps than Mundo does, ESPECIALLY with Sunfires. On top of this..... ignite doesn't ruin Garen completely like it does Mundo.
Uh, lol? Crack: it kills?

Garen has his KS/Finisher Ult as advantage, nothing else.

Quote:
I would also argue that even Sion has a better survivability rate than Mundo when built properly AND has a stun to boot. This makes Sion a better teamfight champ than Mundo.
Higher innate HP and a Stun, less front end damage or is only burst damage via removing survivability and drastically lowering sustained damage, mana vs hp resource can go either way, more susceptible to CC like all others, and not as much survivability without itemizing specifically to improve innate and refraining from the extra burst capacity.

Sion vs Mundo is a choice of what a team needs, more CC vs higher damage earlier.

Quote:
Let's look at Vlad. You cannot seriously tell me Mundo performs a dps/survivability role better than Vlad?
Can do so easily, very easily. Vlad is rather lackluster overall.

Melee range mage that self limits his damage for any survivability/escape on top of ever higher health costs to provide his best damage output. All the while being forced to point blank to provide any form of CC and anything more than mid range pokes.

Quote:
The main problem is that certain champs are ALWAYS EFFECTIVE regardless of which champs/summoner spells you pick. Most others are countered easily, and ends up being luck of the draw + skill of your team + incompetency of the other team = your personal success in a game.
People really need to get out of the S1 Release train of thought that Mundo is shut down more easily than any other MDPS, he was easily countered the S1 Release to Sept08 patches due to bad design of raised health costs and Cleanse Nerf/Ignite Buff, but prior to that he was not and after that he is not.

Enfillyon

09-11-2010

i applaud you for the build amcii, been using it and ive been quite successful. met you ingame once but i dont think youd remember me.

you werent kidding about the 5.0 kda, nice job

amcii

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3RGLING View Post
Nice gonna try this
gl..dont forget to farm
its a problem most mundos have
gonna take some games..but once you understood mundo..you will be doing fine

Necks

09-12-2010

I'd like to see some Mundo videos please. That livestream you linked doesn't have a Mundo in it.

Silent Reaper

09-14-2010

AWESOME GUIDE, +1

Attached is a picture of my first game with your Mundo Guide, worked noneless awesome!

Even though the enemy team had 20 more kills than ours, we still managed to win, and I was still able to solo anyone 1v1!

Yellow Jester

09-14-2010

I still can't wait until they fix the glaring issue of his HP @ 18 being lower than Tryndamere, and his base AS being lower than Garen. Why can't his stats be put on, say, Udyr's level (by the way why is a champion with an innate 100% attack speed steroid given so much base AS). Christ, even Nasus has more AS than Mundo with zerkers greaves, starks, and a zeal when Nasus has just a ****ing trinity force.

Mundo would be so much better if his stats were less ridiculously gimp.

amcii

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
I'd like to see some Mundo videos please. That livestream you linked doesn't have a Mundo in it.
i tried to livestream on high quality..but i had ingame too much lag to be able to play..
and i think it would be boring to watch on low quality

but i hope they give us replays soon..

Irish1983

09-21-2010

I have been playing this build for a few days and im very happy with how it plays. I dont have any runes yet but I more than pull my weight as is. With runes I cant imagine the carnage im going to bring to the table.

macsauce

09-21-2010

this guide is perfect for a 1200 elo bracket game

Yellow Jester

09-21-2010

The only mundo build i have any success with anymore (literally if i stray from this build AT ALL i will lose and feed) is:

Dorans + pot
15 minutes: Sunfire
25 minutes: Sunfire
and after that i will usually go with either FoN or visage, then Atma's and the game is usually over by that point.

I dunno what it is about the sunfires, but they make me win.