AD carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zMajin

04-01-2012

I have 6300 IP, and I want an AD carry. I keep hearing mixed opinions on the matter, but most of the threads are outdated, so I decided to make this thread before I go and make a purchase.Who should I buy, and why?Right now I'm thinking Graves or Caitlyn, but I've never played Graves so I'm a little biased

Forrestfire15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

I'd say Graves or Kog'Maw.

Graves is very powerful both early and late-game, and functions as much as a burst caster as he does as an AD carry. However, he has very short range.

Kog has a passive attack speed boost, a powerful steroid that significantly increases damage output and range, a fairly long slow, and a spammable and powerful ult. His downside is that he is not as useful early game and has mana issues if you spam too much.

TeknoWizard

04-01-2012

From what I hear, Vayne is the best choice. True damage, mobility, and a brief stealth. Seems legit to me.

Personally though, I really like Miss Fortune. I don't really use her Q, but I really like the rest of her kit. Her W stacks up Magic damage on each hit, so it works VERY well with a Wit's End, to make even those with Armor take a lot of damage from your auto attacks. Her E cuts off pursuers and helps you quickly gank people with the AOE slow. Her ultimate can be a major game changer. If the other team forces a team fight that your team doesn't want to fight yet, your ult can force them out of the lane, or very far backwards. It also MELTS minion waves. So, god forbid, a very large minion wave stacks up, one ult can clear it near instantly. Plus, the passive movement speed boost is always nice and gets you help in last hitting, as you can back off quickly before the other carry can harass you. But she is just my preference.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Speaking as a 1600 AD bot player, Graves is a safe AD carry to go if you're unfamiliar with AD carries. He's naturally tanky, does a lot of damage, and is relatively strong in all phases of the game.

Vayne is incredibly weak as a laner and can be easily bullied in lane if you are unfamiliar with a passive playstyle. If you are not great at positioning, you will easily feed with Vayne, so I would avoid her.

Caitlyn is also a very safe AD carry to go with if you don't have much bot lane experience. She has the farthest range out of all ADs and can beat pretty much all AD carries in lane. Her mid game is by far the weakest though (which is made up late game with a strong late).

I would avoid Kog Maw unless you know how to play passive in lane (he's really weak pre-6).

Leg Deepp

Recruiter

04-01-2012

for the love of god do not get ez.

honestly, if youre looking to lift ELO then sivir, graves or mf is the best idea.

sivir is harder to learn but honestly she is the difference between a team winning or losing a battle by just hitting R.

Graves is just scary in general, always a great pick.

Honestly people dont really see it, but mf is so good. her laning phase is almost unbeatable (except by graves or a great support).

I used to main cait, and yeah shes a great carry, but ive found in many cases and unless you know how to play her, you die many times due to her auto attack dependency and her lack of skills early in the game.

graves is a very safe pick.

Catastur

04-02-2012

crittlesticks.

2inchesofsteel

04-02-2012

No corki love... He's a little hard to get the hang of but imo hes got an amazing kit. Also he's pretty underplayed(even though pros use him in tournements regularly).

Shadowjak101

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte Hicks View Post
for the love of god do not get ez.
Ez is ultra powerful early game if you build correctly and hit your q's... he's also very powerful mid and late game assuming you know how to combo with him and get a good position for autoattacks (arcane shift is great for this).

CaptainScrubberz

04-03-2012

Graves is free next week so you can try him out i personally prefer him, but a good cait can shut him down in lane (which you see alot) Kog is my personal favorite but id suggest trying graves next week buy him if you like him, or get kog if you don't. Caitlyn is free like every other week not worth buying her IMO

Cellistle

04-03-2012

I play mainly tristana and vayne. On either one if im fed as long as we don't do something stupid its usually G.

Tristana is a very long rang AD carry with great burst damage. Because of fiora she now has the 2nd largest AS buff in the game (90%) and does incredible damage. Her rocket jump allows her to jump acros the battle and get snipes off with it because it resets if you get a kill or assist. Though she can be very mana hungry

Vayne is my other favorite. Stealth, a stun (if hit a wall ect) knockback and tumble all make her very stong. Plus she deals true damage so if they build very tanky you simly for AS style. Her Q is amazing with a trinity force as it does normal attack + chacne to crit + trinity force increase of damage + tumble damage increase. A few circumstances i have 1 shot people on her but i was quite farmed/fed compared to them.