Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ap or Ad Master yi ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glenn Quagmire

04-01-2012

master yi is my favorite character to play and i was just wondering which type is more viable in ranked and please feel free to leave builds for each style of play. Thanks!

Quick Rawr

04-01-2012

Depends on your team comp and your enemy team comp. Both are viable.

Moogra

04-01-2012

He is hardly viable at all in ranked, but definitely AD is better. Play as AP and people will think you are trolling. As for the build, depends on what you are trying to play as. Yi can be jungle, solo top (?), and as the ad carry. Either way, he's sadly not that viable in ranked at all because he is too easy to shut down. Still, you can give it a shot and although people don't like AP yi much, AD is not viewed as trolling and if you play well people will respect it.

Epsilon2012

04-01-2012

I just played a Normals game with AP Yi...my first time Yi in months...
-I had to go mid cause we had a weird team comp(lol normals)...

---After getting 3 Dorans...I could spam Alpha Strike to farm while simultaneously harassing the enemy...
-If I ever got down to 40% HP...1 Meditate healed me to full again...
EDIT: Had 200 CS by 24 Minutes...which isnt super amazing...but pretty **** good...lol

---Long story short...
-AP if they have stuns...
-AD if they don't have stuns and your team needs a jungler...

Ormlyr

Recruiter

04-02-2012

Yi is tough to use in ranked because many people know how to counter him. I don't recommend him in ranked unless you main Yi and have a consistent winning record with him.

AutoSys

04-02-2012

Yi and Ranked...does not compute in the higher ranks. Yi is squishy and easily squished.

Lower ranks is where he shines. Tryn is the same way.

SweetSheets

04-02-2012

IMO either is viable... to get yelled at. AS/MS Yi is the best for ranked because of backdooring capabilities/ganking strength. Run a Yi build where you rush a triforce and PD and you are set.

SweetSheets

04-02-2012

Quote:
SweetSheets:
IMO either is viable... to get yelled at. AS/MS Yi is the best for ranked because of backdooring capabilities/ganking strength. Run a Yi build where you rush a triforce and PD and you are set.

you can choose to go AP or AD after you see what their team is building like.

Glenn Quagmire

04-02-2012

Oh yeah, also does Dunkmaster yi work in ranked? i tried it a few times and got good results.

For people that dont know who dunkmaster yi is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPU9Ru1ftw

Duffman316

Recruiter

04-02-2012

i play ad yi at mid in ranked

yes it works