What's your opinion on the Demacian lifestyle? aka what would demacian life be like?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tjihyana

04-01-2012

About gun regulations I don't know of... not read on the subject that much. I just know that we are not issued rifles at any age. I'm still in high school :P

belthazor3457

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orikan View Post
Putting will is capitals doesn't make it right, you know. I can find you a million sources too. It's hugely presumptuous to assume any of these things, especially claiming Demacia censors anything. I have the lore page up right now, and there is no indications they practice censorship or restrict the right to privacy. Also, I like how you assume everyone is in the United States and will know these amendments. Typical Amerifat jingoism.
If you didn't know what the amendments I was referring to were, you could just ask and not revert to childish racism and bigotry.

Quote:
I have the lore page up right now, and there is no indications they practice censorship or restrict the right to privacy.
I never discussed right to privacy in my post. But -

Quote:
Some detractors of Demacia (who criticize far from the reaches of the city-state) claim this as proof of its inherent hypocrisy.
This is taken from the Demacia lorepage.

Orikan

04-01-2012

*hijacked, inflammatory content removed*

Ask Katarina

04-01-2012

Quote:
Typical Amerifat jingoism.
After that I would say your opinion no longer holds any value.

belthazor3457

04-01-2012

Quote:
Oh, I know the amendments. I'm just tired of you Americans coming around to every forum and in our country expecting everyone to know your laws and follow your moral values and speak English, even though you can't even bother to learn two.
You don't know how many languages I speak.

This is the north american forum, is it not?

I made special point of my post that I didn't expect everyone to agree with me.

belthazor3457

04-01-2012

Quote:
Typical Amerifat jingoism.
Quote:
Oh, I know the amendments. I'm just tired of you Americans coming around to every forum and in our country expecting everyone to know your laws and follow your moral values and speak English, even though you can't even bother to learn two.
After these two comments I'm done talking to you. I would've been willing to continue the discussion and would've been happy to elaborate on my points if you had simply asked politely for me to elaborate.

And for your information, I once played medal of honor allied assault as my primary video game. This was many years ago. I played with a group of germans and a group of russians. In order to better communicate with them I learned a number of german and russian words and phrases. Not enough to make me speak the language, but basic words like yes, no, ambush, defense. It took a bit of memmorization and for a while I had a sheet of paper on my desk to help me communicate with them, even though they didn't speak my language. When I went to a German server or a Russian server, I took some German and Russian with me. It wasn't perfect, but it helped. Your supposed inside knowledge about me is misinformed.

I am going to avoid pointing out the blatantly obvious hypocritical behavior that you are displaying, and as for this bit:

Quote:
I'm just tired of you Americans coming around to every forum and in our country expecting everyone to know your laws and follow your moral values
Is simply not a truthful statement. I made special point in my original post that others may disagree with me, and apparently that was lost on you. Now I am going to walk away from my keyboard because I'd rather avoid yelling at you as you are not worth any more of my time.

Good day!

Orikan

04-01-2012

0_o One of my friends just sent me a message asking why I was being so rude, so I immediately came to see what he meant. What the heck happened here? I seem to be sharing my account with a rather distasteful person. There are similar anti-American inflammatory posts in general discussion by "me" as well. I can assure you (And you can see by previous posts in this forum and others, and by asking friends and acquaintances, online and otherwise, which I will facilitate if you want, if you don't believe me yourself) that I would never post or say any of these things. All my posts are on topic, and I never bring politics into any of them. This isn't the place, frankly. I'm an American myself. From Massachusetts, actually. I apologize for, well, whatever happened here. I've changed my password and sent a support ticket to Riot. Again, you may believe me or not. I'll freely give you any information or proof you want, because I certainly don't want people to get the wrong idea about me. As for my ACTUAL opinion on Demacia, it seems like it could be nice, better than Noxus, anyway. Though their rhetoric sounds...worrying.

As I said, think what you want, but consider this.
1. I've had this account for 4 months, and in all that time, all of my posts have been on-topic, and without offensive language
2. If I were a troll, why would I just be starting now?
3. If, again, I was actually a troll, why would I be apologizing?

I don't have any ill will towards anyone here (You're all very nice people, actually :P) and I want to resolve this, no matter what I have to do.

Ask Brolaf

04-01-2012

Not as good as Bromacia.

belthazor3457

04-01-2012

Quote:
0_o One of my friends just sent me a message asking why I was being so rude, so I immediately came to see what he meant. What the heck happened here? I seem to be sharing my account with a rather distasteful person. There are similar anti-American inflammatory posts in general discussion by "me" as well. I can assure you (And you can see by previous posts in this forum and others, and by asking friends and acquaintances, online and otherwise, which I will facilitate if you want, if you don't believe me yourself) that I would never post or say any of these things. All my posts are on topic, and I never bring politics into any of them. This isn't the place, frankly. I'm an American myself. From Massachusetts, actually. I apologize for, well, whatever happened here. I've changed my password and sent a support ticket to Riot. Again, you may believe me or not. I'll freely give you any information or proof you want, because I certainly don't want people to get the wrong idea about me. As for my ACTUAL opinion on Demacia, it seems like it could be nice, better than Noxus, anyway. Though their rhetoric sounds...worrying.

As I said, think what you want, but consider this.
1. I've had this account for 4 months, and in all that time, all of my posts have been on-topic, and without offensive language
2. If I were a troll, why would I just be starting now?
3. If, again, I was actually a troll, why would I be apologizing?

I don't have any ill will towards anyone here (You're all very nice people, actually :P) and I want to resolve this, no matter what I have to do.
This is why we get malwarebytes, scan our computers for keyloggers, and are careful who we give out our passwords to.

Now then with that ugly business taken care of, we my first post still remains without any counterpoints presented to it.

LordHippoman

04-01-2012

Have you ever seen that episode of Spongebob where Squidward moves to the town full of other Squidwards? I assume it's sorta like that but with more yelling and shiny things. By the way, Swain=Spongebob and Sion=Patrick is now canon.