An (un)Important Announcement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammdog

06-14-2013

Rorrim circles the various city-states on his map of Valoran: Demacia, Zaun, Noxus, Freljord, Piltover, Bilgewater, the Great Barrier, Ionia and Shurima. The wizard took up his sceptre and set out to arm himself.

((To commemorate the glorious announcement of Mega Man in SSB, Rorrim will be appearing in a LOT of Ask and social threads, copying a slew of abilities. Find Rorrim in the Sparring Grounds to fight the multi-talented mage.

P.S. If this thread just clutters up the forum, let it get buried.))

FilFire

06-14-2013

If you're making athread about him, I might as well ask: If Rorrim's main ability is copying other abilities, are there any limitations?

For example, is it possible that somebody has an ability of enough power or the ability is so unique, that Rorrim would at most be able to create a weakened version of it?

Hammdog

06-14-2013

Rorrim's a trickster with invisibility and deflection skills, as well as lasers, but yes, his main skill is copying others. If the skill already is't, Rorrim's duplicate will be infused with shadow, and will only be around 1/2 to 3/4 as strong as the original. He can copy almost any ability or weapon. Check here for a list so far, it'll have constant updates.

FilFire

06-14-2013

Sounds like he takes the shadow of an ability, at least metaphorically. Interesting.

Next question: You say he can copy almost any weapon or ability. what kind of ability can't he copy then? Judging from that list, so far he has mainly copied abilities that don't require any special talents to learn (for example, Pillar of Ice looks like an impressive display of cryomancy, but it's not like other cryomancers wouldn't be able to learn it with enough training). Since the profile also says Rorrim can take over people's physical appearance and powers, what wouldn't he be able to duplicate?

Hammdog

06-14-2013

He can duplicate their physical strengths and form, but not any of their innate abilities, unless he copied them himself. The abilities he can't learn are mostly ultimates, form changes, or abilities that require another entity, e.g. Pyroclasm, Blinding Assault, Cougar Form.

Aproxima

06-14-2013

And how does it work with spells fueled by something different than mana/bound to the person's heritage?

FilFire

06-14-2013

So abilities that you can't just learn with only skill, but which really require a specific kind of creature, or inherent power.

What about illusions? I find it hard to imagine how you would weaken illusions down besides making them easier to see through, and people who use shadow abilities tend to do well with illusions.

Hammdog

06-14-2013

Aproxima: Rorrim calls power from the Shadow Isles to fuel his magic, meaning he doesn't pay mana, health, etc. Skills bound to somebody's heritage will either be difficult or impossible to copy.

FilFire: Rorrim has to make contact with somebody and focus his magic through their being to copy a skill. He has inherent illusion abilities, such as invisibility and creating fake duplicates.

Wow, this thread exploded.

FilFire

06-14-2013

Well, the ability to copy powers from other people is interesting, because if you do it right, it allows your character to have great variety, but it can be hard not to godmode with it (I've tried it, and boy did I godmode with it). As such, I'm interested in Rorrim, who so far seems to be fairly well made.

Alright then, next question: I've created a kind of hell servant who has a special halberd and the ability to create illusions. If he manages to cut the enemy with that halberd, he creates a contract with them that for a short duration makes his illusions real for the person he just cut. Would Rorrim be able to copy something like that?

Hammdog

06-14-2013

He ma be able to copy the scythe itself, yes, but probably not the illusion aspect.