Katrina+bouncing blades suggestion/question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2009

Its come to my attention after trying her a few times. physical katrina, while pretty good. still seems to be a tad lacking. attack power is nowhere near as easy to get as AP, so her ult is nowhere near as strong.

Its close, and im not saying AP is blatantly better, with the new nerf and all. but i think she could stand for some small buff.

and the only thing that really comes to mind is, maybe give her bouncing blades a chance to crit the initial target? i mean... if gangplank can crit on his gun, why cant katrina on her blade?

before i start getting a bunch of "OMG NEW GANGPLANK" bullcrap, let me explain myself.

it could work off normal crit, like gangplanks parrlay does. BUT! instead of normal crit damage, its like Shaco's stealth attack, where it does a set % extra, like 150% instead of base 200 or 250 with infinity edge.

this could also fix the near nonexistant utility to her KI for the bouncing blades. you could replace the healing reduction, with say either "next blade will crit" or increase the chance of the next crit.

Since reduced healing only lasts like 6-7 seconds, its VERY rarely usefull. and ive seen many heals that it doesnt even work with. id swear the summoner heal doesnt get effected by it, and im also fairly certain that ive seen a rammus heal not be effected by it either. but regardless of what it works on and what doesnt, i really think this would be a MUCH better KI use for bouncing blades. and would overall bridge the small gap between ap kat and physical kat

Garadong

10-22-2009

As physical Katarina, have you tried attacking your target to make up for the damage you lose on your abilities? That's your damage gap right there, mi amigo.

Not only that, but having physical damage helps you kill creeps and buildings much faster.

Prisonal

10-22-2009

Physical Kat is superior to Ap stacking.

I said it.

RamboBatman

10-22-2009

Ok, I don't necessarily agree with the above post but physical Kat's problem certainly isn't damage. Between her ability to actually use her regular attack, the increased damage scaling that physical dmg gives to lotus and the increased dmg of BB physical Kat is going to put out more dmg than AP Kat. The issue (and the reason why AP Kat is generally preferred) is that physical Kat lacks CC. Rylai's scepter is the one reason that AP Kat gets played over physical. However, the devs seem committed to trying to equalize AP and physical dmg as the recent nerfs have shown.
Anyway, back to the OPs point which was bouncing blade. Frankly, I think its fine as is, combined with KI it provides some excellent farming opportunities which Kat usuallly lacks. Giving it crit doesn't really fit the character who (even when building for physical dmg) isn't really crit based. As for heals, I don't know if it affects summoner heal and I'd be fine if it didn't, summoner spells should trump champ abilities. But, rammus heal? Last I checked he didn't have one.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboBatman View Post
Ok, I don't necessarily agree with the above post but physical Kat's problem certainly isn't damage. Between her ability to actually use her regular attack, the increased damage scaling that physical dmg gives to lotus and the increased dmg of BB physical Kat is going to put out more dmg than AP Kat. The issue (and the reason why AP Kat is generally preferred) is that physical Kat lacks CC. Rylai's scepter is the one reason that AP Kat gets played over physical. However, the devs seem committed to trying to equalize AP and physical dmg as the recent nerfs have shown.
Anyway, back to the OPs point which was bouncing blade. Frankly, I think its fine as is, combined with KI it provides some excellent farming opportunities which Kat usuallly lacks. Giving it crit doesn't really fit the character who (even when building for physical dmg) isn't really crit based. As for heals, I don't know if it affects summoner heal and I'd be fine if it didn't, summoner spells should trump champ abilities. But, rammus heal? Last I checked he didn't have one.
sorry not rammus, i mean allistar.

and i know shes not a crit hero, thats why i think the crit bouncing blade would add that tiny little bit that she needs. See, unless you build her entirely for crit it wont crit by itself that often. and if you build her for crit death lotus would suck. so she wont become a new Gangplank. but changing it so that her KI would make the next bouncing blade Auto crit the original target, i think would balance it out nicely. I mean, the full damage to bouncing blades is average, i suppose. but the anti heal is all but useless.

Either that, or they should do what everyone has wanted originally, and make KI+Bouncing blades make it add a slow effect.

MiCrOwAvEz

12-26-2009

Crit on the bouncing blade would make her imba tbh, she's already an excellent soloer and beast with late game damage output.

Attack damage is infinitely better than AP, you get far far more out of your ultimate which is your main skill, you get a hit every time you shunpo so you get a 1:1 ratio on that, 1:1 on bouncing blade and you can actually do something when your cooldowns are off.

Also she doesn't need a KI buff, it's an awesome anti-heal/dodge chance, I'm 99% sure you're not playing her right if you think she's underpowered right now.

Beartooth

12-26-2009

This is from 2 months ago. Why do these threads keep getting revived?