Whoever goes bot is ALWAYS LAST PLACE in Dominion..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
edit: i forgot to mention it, but as a rule of thumb the scoring system isn't a good measure of performance. others have mentioned it already, but i think i should reinforce the point. the more you play dominion, the more you forget about it.
You should tell the Live designers that, because it's a number counter that goes up based on kills, captures, and other achievements. People will treat it as a measure of performance.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
in fact, i generally dislike capping the enemy team's bot tower unless i'm intentionally trying to draw aggro--it's better to farm/deny than it is to push/cap, imo.

edit: i forgot to mention it, but as a rule of thumb the scoring system isn't a good measure of performance. others have mentioned it already, but i think i should reinforce the point. the more you play dominion, the more you forget about it.
This is bad, drawing aggro bot is what you should be doing forcing the enemy team down to bot lane so your team can crush top. If you don't push enemy team will just take the top then do a quick gank on you since you never disable their point. If you disable it they waste time getting their bot point back should you die, you'll respawn as he completes their bot point cap and you resume your farm. Also you should ALWAYS push, if you push and get ganked at their point it takes time for them to run over to your point rather than have you die at your point and they immediately take the cap.

TurambarLoL

04-01-2012

Yeah, I Ali/tank a lot in Dom and it's a rare day when I'm in the top couple on the scoreboard unless I happen to be capping/neutralising a bunch of points (i.e. when Windmill is changing hands a lot and I'm not needed to run interference while my team caps). I've come to ignore the scoreboard and just worry about doing what's necessary to win. It does get on my nerves when I'm blamed for a loss after the game because I'm the easy target to blame (few kills, a few deaths, tons of assists).

AbsolutePK

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Is there any way we can petition Riot to remove the scoring system? It only serves to encourage bad habits among the lower elos, since you basically get rewarded for playing poorly in many circumstances.
I would like the scoring system removed as well, however I can't think of anything that would be a good replacement.

Taking out the score and just going with regular old k/d/a will have people focusing too much on death matching, while points Neutralized/Captured would probably bring about some more backdoor ninja backlash like Priscilla's Blessing did.

Wyvernfist

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
I would like the scoring system removed as well, however I can't think of anything that would be a good replacement.

Taking out the score and just going with regular old k/d/a will have people focusing too much on death matching, while points Neutralized/Captured would probably bring about some more backdoor ninja backlash like Priscilla's Blessing did.
Hmm.. well, lets go along the lines of the hidden ELO nerf:

All stats hidden!

That way no one knows how they did, so no QQing

Geomexis

04-01-2012

I've gotten first place as Mummy on bot several times, in most cases I've seen it's usually bot who ends up in the top 3 due to the points given from consistent kills, neutralizes, captures, and even just standing by their own capture point.

T3kn0man

04-01-2012

The scoring system is just a tool to evaluate kills/deaths/ect, but the real piece that matters is rather or not your team won or lost. I play bot when I can (seems to be a battle over it as of late) to be honest I don't care if I take top honors. If I am doing my job right and giving my allies free roam of the upper half of the map by keeping our bot in my control then I consider that victory.

Some other things to consider too as a bot that makes you successful is generally you can act as a captain of the team. You can scan the battlefield, watch for respawns, ect and help direct your team to where they are needed.

Score gets you a pat on the back from programming, a good bot gets you admiration from 9 players.

Firebug

04-01-2012

Its possible to get a place or even first bottom lane. Just 3 examples here: (1250~1300) elo range Id imagine.

Octovert

04-01-2012

Score just doesn't tell it like it is. A good bot player will keep the creeps pushed up against their point, even if he never captures the point. A good bottom player will draw the attention of at least another player, forcing 4v3 up top, which is usually a win. Even if I die on bot, if it lets us take top, it's worth it. It's the most valuable point. And i'll get no +score for drawing fire, even tho it's probably the most important thing I can do.

Infirc

05-17-2013

Necropost!, cuz this is important information, although title is innacurate.

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Bot displays the overall performance of your team similar to tank and support on SR if bot places last it's okay he did his Job, A.ka never captured a point A.ka, never lost bot, the constant switch in Windmill, Quarry and Drill Control makes the top players end up in the first places, if your bot ended first then he either did terribly (constantly losing bot and recapping it) or he did really really well, and the team's top sucked big time,