AD or AP Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hey look a Smurf

01-30-2013

IMO, building AD is better than AP. The reason is, AP Shaco can only do a lot of damage if he hits from behind but for AD, you can hit the champion anywhere and still do a lot of damage to him so you don't need to stress and try hit from behind.

I also find AD Shaco is more of an assasin than AP Shaco. With Shaco's ultimate, it does a heap load of damage.

As always, it's my opinion, may not be yours. But if there's one thing I think everybody agrees on, is that Shaco is no match for Lee Sin. ;-)

TheElamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

I must agree that AD is more viable. Playing AP you are relying on people killing your clone for max damage, and your shiv throw. The boxes do pretty good damage, but you are again relying on the enemy to run into them. AD Shaco you can basic attack to death, so they will run, and not only will you kill them from your being faster, but AD Shaco copes well with your passive

Exousia Apeiron

07-19-2013

Hydra > BOTRK > BT > BT > BT

I prefer Boots of Mobility for jungle/ganking/split pushing, but in late game I like switch to Berzerker's Greaves for a full build.

The Hydra First helps with fast farm, and the active from Hydra + BOTRK are two nice insta-chunks of burst to your target, usually enough to get that adc/mage down to below 50% hp before u use Shiv. Plus the on hit effects and aoe go onto your clone (like all items).

If you haven't figured it out, the reason I don't use a "defensive" item is because the life steal from having these 5 items is insane, (over 63% IIRC). The key to pulling this off is to STAY IN FIGHTS, especially duels. As long as you are hitting, you are getting that hp back. If you are out matched, u can Q into the jungle, go clear a camp and u are back to full hp in seconds. You can kill a full build Kata/Yi/Teemo etc with this set up, and leave the fight with 75% if you get enough crits.

This is a build that I prefer. It was demonstrated to me by a plat who main on Shaco. It really works once you get used to staying in fights and not running from them. Obviously it is very gold dependent, but that is where boots of mob come in. Running to every jungle camp (especially the enemies) and clearing lanes fast really helps with achieving this build. I've tried taking a Philosophers Stone for first item + Avarice Blade after Hydra to help get that gold flow up, but it is not necessary and it can hurt your damage output early on, which is in essence counter playing yourself.

A Slime Appears

07-19-2013

This thread is doomed to be necro'd forever.

Volandum

07-19-2013

Someone has difficulty computing 10 + 15 + 20 + 20 + 20. True, it does exceed 63. Someone also has difficulty computing how much crit that gives you (0).

Sauron

07-19-2013

Dat timewarp to when inFe eD could construct a full post before falling asleep.

Now he's lucky to get a full sentence off.

konfetarius

07-19-2013

This is adowable. Who is the hero who necro'd this.

A Slime Appears

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
This is adowable. Who is the hero who necro'd this.
It's been necro'd 3-4 times. Pick one.

inFe eD

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Dat timewarp to when inFe eD could construct a full post before falling asleep.

Now he's lucky to get a full sentence off.
I resent th

Pylair

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I resent th
he even capitalized the i. at least he is trying