AD or AP Shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makestro

03-30-2012

Don't play ap shaco

zionist shill

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I prefer my clowns with lots of swords and blades, not nerdy books and wands.

Double swords best item in the game.

Laurix

03-30-2012

I'm not going to lie, every time I see Shaco, I ask of AP or AD.

If no response: Dodged. If AP: Dodged. If AD: I'll stick around.

I've never been a fan of AP Shaco, and I feel like it's only gone downhill since the JitB nerf. He's literally a half-assed Leblanc/Kassadin (in terms of AP Assassin).

I don't think it's complete trash, and I understand the build has a high skill-cap, but he is just such a god **** liability it's not worth wasting 20 minutes to me.

Makestro

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Double swords best item in the game.
wiggles lantern is the best item in the game nooblord, unfortantely it's so bad ass riot removed it from dominion.

inFe eD

03-30-2012

About what I expected, AP Shaco still universally hated. Cheers, thanks for the input.

If you dodge a game where I'm AP Shaco Laurix I will disown you forever, mail a decapitated horse's head to you, etc etc. Look forward to it!

Basist

03-30-2012

A lot of AP Shacos know that mid/endgame their damage output drops a good amount to tanky guys, but so what? Shaco's job has always been nuke the squishy prime target, AP still does it well. AD Shaco doesnt do that much either to someone with 250+ armor, and armor/hp is easier to stack than MR/HP.

Oh well, actives for life with me. If you guys haven't tried gunblade+deathfire yet, it's very fun.

Glorious Bird

03-30-2012

AD. The difference between AD Shaco and AP Shaco's damage is incredible. I weep every time I see an AP Shaco.

GrignardTS

03-30-2012

I don't hate AP Shaco at all.

What I do hate is what they did to the build. They took it from being a viable Shaco alternative to a gimped pubstomp build.

I was AP for life before I even tried AD

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

AP Shaco is a really weird build, but it's very easily countered if your opponents aren't idiots. You get a fairly solid nuke but really there is no benefit to playing AP Shaco outside of being annoying. AD I find is almost always the more useful option.

AP Shaco is too reliant on his boxes to do damage, and almost everyone in the higher elos gets smart when they see an AP Shaco and buy Oracles, or Sweeper and sweep boxes in important areas (not hard, just watch Shaco when you aren't doing anything else immediately important, much like how you should always watch people with global ults). His ult is also completely unreliable, people get smart and constantly ping Shaco so when he ults you'll always know who the real one is.

It's not THAT BAD, but it definitely isn't great. I'd rather have almost any other caster over AP Shaco to be fair, but AD is pretty **** good while also having some good burst.

Wyvernfist

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I prefer my clowns with lots of swords and blades, not nerdy books and wands.
I chuckled, then pictured Harry Potter as a champion.