Counter to Malzahar - solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

04-17-2012

but you wouldn't play GP mid against Malz....

darthzombie

06-20-2012

I have been playing Malz pretty consisntently well for the past month and I got to say mid my two biggest challenges are Swain and Galio. All that MR on Galio just shuts you down and he packs a decent punch too. Swain I just seem to have trouble with him and even moreso since his last buff, Swains ulti can sustain his life and kill you while you are using your ulti on him...

GP counters Malz very well later in team fights because his eating of oranges interupts Malz ulti making it useless to cast it on him.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

fizz will own a malz pre6, as for post 6 it is hard for anyone to kill him since his damage is insane compared to others without ap

TastyBeeBurgers

06-21-2012

I've countered Malzahar with both Kennen and Fizz.

Kennen's range and reliance on energy let's him harass Mal endlessly. I've started with boots and pots to avoid his Call of the Void and Null Zone. I max my Q after getting my full combo, if he doesn't have boots, or is just bad at avoiding it. W is a good choice if he stays behind his minions, but can sometimes slow down your farm. If I'm doing really poorly, I put a few points into E so I have a good escape. If you get the Hextech Revolver, you have free, unlimited sustain.

With Fizz, I do the same thing I always do to counter a squishy mage on the mid. I start with boots, pots and W. Farm and dodge until I have Q, then let him push. Every time he uses one of his abilities, I combo Q+W. Level three, I always get E, so I have a solid escape, but I always max my W first. I go for a Nashor's tooth , this boosts Fizz's W after his initial attack.

Hope this helps.

OriginalJack

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
but you wouldn't play GP mid against Malz....
Why not?

Brother Of Dux

06-24-2012

hahaha i never realised Mala was a really good solo mid because everytime i faced him I was AD tristana and I always rushed QSS after Doran...so hes a better anti ap laner than say Kass?

XCodes

06-24-2012

I've never had troubles with a Malzahar as TF. TF pushes harder and has greater effective range. I don't see how Malzahar is all that strong in-lane except against the AP mids that need to get in your face like Annie or Ryze. He is a solid farmer, though, and through his gate and his ult he can come close to shutting down the entire team.

Amoc

06-25-2012

He's almost an unstoppable farmer, so that's good, but I find him extremely vulnerable in team fights. If your team already has decent initiation and cc, he can win a teamfight right at the start with his ult. Unprotected, however, Malz dies so so quickly and his dots don't cause enough damage. He needs to safely ult or he's in trouble.

NeoKyu

06-25-2012

Malzahar can easily be beaten by ppl with long range or anti-mages like galio, talon etc. Plus theres no real need to ''beat'' Malzahar, he's only useful to shut you down, not really to carry a team, since he can only nuke down one target

jetpotion

07-19-2012

just raped malzahar with ryze.Thing is his spells are on high cooldowns and he is very easily to be mana depleted.Most malzahar run dorans ring so you buy boots pots keep trading him hard at lvl 4 dodge silence kill him.Rince and repeat,sadly my team feeds harder