Counter to Malzahar - solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnøwTiger

Recruiter

03-31-2012

Kassadin- he can fart and kill most mages.... (banned 99.99% of the time)
Grag- longranged q also the ulti can stop his if he is attacking a teamate
Morgana- spellshield, can push just as well and will destroy him if the players are the same skill. bait his ulti shield q w r follow ignight if hes not dead yet.... also wota gives morg retarded survivability ans sustain. (banned 98% of the time)
Ahri-land your skillshots and dont jump into him and ull be fine (not the top pick to fight him but charm can stop his ulti if ur lucky or saveing a friend)
Xerath-"Power laning, power farming, power ganking, power kills! So many kills! Four- hundred kills!" enough said
Lux-more range and she has a lazer
Leblanc- shes leblanc
Vigar- counters every ap if u can play him
Victor- lazer to poke. if your good with victore anytime malz gets ready to ulti you you can drop ur stun on him or throw your ulti in his face and kill him.
Cassopia- she hurts.... she hurts alot....
Anivia- stun inturupts ulti wall inturupts ulti egg survives ulti..... kill him on his cd....
Fiddlesticks- dark wind.... True Terror
Fizz- if your really good with him you can kill malz b4 he knows whats going on if not you will feed.
Kat- same as fizz
Kennen- if your ulting your cc can counter his.
Twisted fate- ap if you can outplay him you will be fine.
Rumble- rumble is a bully and if he gives you trouble drop the equalizer on his face...
Swain- its possabul for swain to kill malz while malz is supressing swain.....
Ziggs- "Tons of damage"

FaerellG

03-31-2012

If you want to change up your AP Mid composition, you can try Panth, Talon or Sivir.

As mentioned earlier Panth and Talon both can out damage Malz.

For Sivir, all of Malz's abilities are easily telegraphed except his ult so pre-6 your spell shield gets you lots of free mana with which to smash his face in with BB and Ricochet.

sorahameru

04-04-2012

get a tank like volibear and then fight at close range. malzahars ult doesnt do much compared to 5000 health. hell most likely run away in a fair fight. i personally use garen to silence and damage. another choice is olaf or someone who can counter mals strangle ult, (olafs ragnorak) u can also kill him before he reacts. hes squishy. use a twitch and ambush with stealth and then poison , ult, expunge. ignite flash towards him. kill. malzahar is easy to counter if ur good.

bob000

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorahameru View Post
get a tank like volibear and then fight at close range. malzahars ult doesnt do much compared to 5000 health. hell most likely run away in a fair fight. i personally use garen to silence and damage. another choice is olaf or someone who can counter mals strangle ult, (olafs ragnorak) u can also kill him before he reacts. hes squishy. use a twitch and ambush with stealth and then poison , ult, expunge. ignite flash towards him. kill. malzahar is easy to counter if ur good.
Um stacking health against the mage with %health damage might not be the best idea.

Omanlew

04-05-2012

brand rapes him hard

Phil Nye

04-16-2012

I think Viktor (With the exception of Malz's q, a lot of his kit works pretty well with people that need to get closer, and Malz is one of those, it's very easy to throw down his cc if he does it in response to a null zone being thrown underneath since that's pretty much the quintessential sign of Malz combo, and his ult stings. Also, this lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkkN9Pwld4
jk), Kennen (very good zoning/harass that doesn't rely heavily on landing a skillshot cc, Q is just a really good threat in itself and he can farm pretty safely because it's hard to land anything on his rush pre-6), Cass (although I haven't played a lot of them to say I know whether she'd be good at countering malzahar), and Kass (duh) give him a legitimately hard time (although I oddly enough prefer fighting the latter of all of them, if you are good at baiting rift and landing silence first, you're golden). Oh yeah, and maybe a good xerath (if you miss your setup while rooted, you'll get hurt hard though if you let malz get in range). Oh, and assassin types are pretty decent too (minus ahri, idk why people are saying she counters malzahar, engaging in your range = engaging in his ideal range, and pretty much is reliant on landing charm, although after laning phase I can see her beating him because of her being able to focus him easily and stop ult on a teammate). Leblanc is leblanc, although I haven't had a problem with her (most are reaaaaally telegraphed on when they're going to harass you if you know her range), but she is a pain pre-6 admittedly, but Lb feels too much like a one-trick pony that doesn't do a lot later unless you fed her hard.

Imo the others are too passive or can't land harass as easily because Malz's farming doesn't require him to commit much once E gets leveled. Morgana is pretty much a farm fest, but at the same time, her staying even/a little above malz means she's going to be more useful in teamfights than him anyways, so it doesn't necessarily mean that not stopping his farm/harass isn't beating him, if that makes sense.

I don't think Malz gets beaten by ziggs, but at the same time, I have a mental block against ziggs unless I've practiced against him in several games. His Q has deceptively good splash, and his mines are pretty effective, but not a counter. I just think I suck at dealing with good ones lol.

Malzahar is very, very powerful in lane, so it's hard to say that he has hard counters, but basically he's relatvely underwhelming in teamfights (although aoe silence and % melter are still really good, but his ult has too many factors that can go wrong), that any caster that stands even and doesn't get ganked, feeds, or get harassed out of farm or pushed hard imo is doing just fine (so that he doesn't get to roam and gank to compensate).

Biggamer86

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

I play malz a ton and AP sion is almost impossible to lane against with him.

Pashukan

04-16-2012

Galio counters all DoT-based ap mages. And can push all time.

Amoc

04-17-2012

galio counters all AP mids. You pick Galio when your team comp would benefit from shutting down the other team's AP and you don't need to have your AP carry at mid (perhaps Rumble or Kennen top instead).

Hefty Sak

04-17-2012

galio stacking MR is win.

GP eats oranges and is K.