Jungling Assistance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fauxcrimson

07-11-2014

Hey all, I've been jungling for about two years and I'm ready to admit. I suck at it. Like many junglers, I waste time trying to force a gank bot, only to allow my mid or top lane to get pushed. I rarely countergank unless I have a comfy lead. I don't know how to carry from jungle. I will readily admit, I'm a bad jungler but if any fellow Junglers can give me some tips or ideas of how to improve my game it will be much appreciated.

If you're wondering who I main jungle, it switches constantly. Trying to buy more champs to find someone that I enjoy. If you could recommend some good buys or fun junglers, I would appreciate that as well.

CrippledTable

07-11-2014

Hey there, so I'm not a fantastic jungler, but I do play it a lot.
For champs if you aren't sure you can carry as a jungler, I would recommend using tankier champs such as J4 or Amumu. When I first started in s3 those were the first two junglers that I could play well and consistently as. It's a much safer pick in comparison to a shaco or kha'zix where you have to get fed to have an impact on the game.

If you like watching videos to learn how to jungle, I would highly suggest watching Foxdroplol on youtube. He has taught me so many tips and tricks over that past year that has really improved not only my jungling, but my overall play in league as well.

Jungle is also one of the most mentally stressing roles as well, because if any thing goes wrong your team will always blame the junglier. (Almost always) So the key is to just keep your head in the game and ignore any players heckling you.

EpicSandwichMan7

07-11-2014

I too have this same problem. I'm not great at jungling, but I seem to get a good score in there (my most recent was 9/7/9) but, I find myself being extremely late game and loosing lane. By the time I start to do something, either I can't do anything because my team is getting ganks before I have time to assist or sneak one in myself, or I become extremely late game.

My solution: Keep on trying. I play Hecarim, who isn't the best, but he makes some great play in the team fights. What I do, in any lane, is find a champ I like and keep playing them until I understand how to use them. Sure, you may be blamed for doing bad, but sure enough during the next game, you will fix the mistakes you made, like not warding the river when going to gank top. Or wasting a ghost into an E, only to find that you attacked wukong's clone. That stuff you want to pay attention to, and soon enough, you'l be making the plays!

CrippledTable

07-11-2014

Pretty cliche but the best way to get better is practise

vFortune

07-12-2014

At the beginning of the game, while you're doing your first buff, look at the opposing lanes and see who walks back to lane when. If their top laner walks into lane late and missing a bit of mana, then it means the other jungler started with their top buff, which means when they finish their second buff, they're probably going to gank mid or bot. Knowing where the enemy jungler is is very important.

Time buffs and drag/baron. Respawn for buffs is 5 minutes, drag is 6, baron is 7. Look at the time when you kill your buffs, and use timestamps to see when dragon/baron die, and keep track of when they'll be respawned. Do this for the enemy buffs as well.

Watch your minimap, a lot. Notice your top and mid are mostly even, but your bot is pushed up to their tower, and their jungler hasn't been on the map for a while? Guess where their jungler is. Head down there to counter gank.

Exert pressure. Even if a lane is warded, just showing your face can be helpful to make the other guys back off and give your lane the ability to farm a bit more.

Try to keep track of where wards are, and be conscious of what you being visible is going to do. Dragon's up, their jungler just killed your mid, don't show yourself top, or they're going to take drag.

Focus objectives. You just killed their botlane? Don't b, take dragon, help push, get some damage on the turret, go take some of their jungle, etc. Kills aren't worth much gold, but the 15+ seconds of having the champion out of the game is very valuable. Notice their jungler is top? Force a dragon.

Keep track of summoner spells. If you gank top, and they flash away, check the time. For the next 5 minutes, they don't have an escape. Go do a camp and then go back to gank again, and then push. Help your laner push to their turret, so the turret kills your creeps and the enemy loses out on that XP/gold, and you get some damage on the turret.

There's a lot more stuff like this, but basically, 90% of it is knowing where to be.

Fauxcrimson

07-12-2014

Thank all of you, the advice has been invaluable!