Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Ahri the Irelia of mages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuentinWarden

03-30-2012

Quote:
DizDaWiz:
Her kit has a little bit of everything, Sustain, burst, mobility, an awesome cc.
"No matter what you can't go wrong with picking Ahri" - Froggen
Not a QQ thread I'm an Ahri player just wanna hear opinions.

I don't see any aoe CC on her

The taunt is nice, but its not threatening morgana/malz/cass/kennen etcs place on a team

xNixillis

03-30-2012

If you're talking about an overall solid pick, then yes. But, much like Irelia, Ahri wont be able to abuse snowball methods like other champs. I'd say it's a risk/reward factor.

Doonhijoe V

03-30-2012

Quote:
Payau:
That is what I like about mages in LoL. They have awesome and very different skillsets opposed to the 'on-hit Q' and 'dashes'.

Ahri has three dashes.

Borigrad

03-30-2012

Ahri is proof we can never escape terrible design. Let's give a champion everything... AND THEN SOME. Does Riot ever learn.

warmblodded20

03-30-2012

Ahri has been OP since release, and Ahri fanboys are just like Irelia fanboys

they insist their champion is not OP and complain about overnerfs every time their champion is touched, they generally have no skill

warmblodded20

03-30-2012

Quote:
Borigrad:
Ahri is proof we can never escape terrible design. Let's give a champion everything... AND THEN SOME. Does Riot ever learn.

riven was bad enough. 4 ABILITIES THAT SCALE OFF AD AND 4 GAP CLOSERS, RIOT IS VERY SMART

and don't start with the balanced argument, just because a champion doesn't get 20 kills in lane doesn't make them not a broken champion, riven is broken by design

warmblodded20

03-30-2012

Quote:
xNixillis:
If you're talking about an overall solid pick, then yes. But, much like Irelia, Ahri wont be able to abuse snowball methods like other champs. I'd say it's a risk/reward factor.

there is zero risk in picking ahri, ever, because she is always a solid pick vs any team

Iketsu

03-30-2012

She's been hit 3 times in a row, that's enough now right? Christ, first it's her ult cooldown, then her ult cooldown again and her mana costs on her Q

smilefase

03-30-2012

Ahri is a solid mage, but not nearly anything that Irelia was. Irelia excelled at everything and had absolutley no weaknesses at all.

Need a champ that can tank the entire enemy team, be able to dash in and assasinate the enemy carry, do massive aoe damage to the enemy team, and then be able to take the enemy tank out just as fast as the carry because of true damage then Irelia is the champ you need. You even get the added bonus of having the safest lane outside of release Orianna and with a combination of your passive and merc-treads CC is actually wasted on you!

Borigrad

03-30-2012

Quote:
warmblodded20:
riven was bad enough. 4 ABILITIES THAT SCALE OFF AD AND 4 GAP CLOSERS, RIOT IS VERY SMART

and don't start with the balanced argument, just because a champion doesn't get 20 kills in lane doesn't make them not a broken champion, riven is broken by design

You want to talk about Broken by Design?

Vayne, She is a Carry, An assassin AND An Anti-Assassin. She has 3 steroids and High burst cause of Silver Bolts. Vayne is broken by design.

But like Ahri and Irelia they swear their champion is perfectly fine and the kit isn't even remotely problematic.

Udyr is another case of this. Nerfed about 9 times (even more then Irelia) and still incredibly strong, but people swear he was "fine in the first place." Don't even get me started on Vlad.