Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Average game time needs to come down

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UltraKill

03-29-2012

Or an "easy mode" like in DotA, but ranked.

I have never D/C in a game or afk, ect., but I understand it happens.

However, in literally 80% of my games there are 1 or more afks/DCs. It's so frustrating to have it happen to me or the enemy team. For those that think I am exaggerating, 80% is my low estimate. Perhaps if the average game time was closer to 20-30 min, it would happen less and for some reason these people don't play Dominion.

Also, there could be a disclaimer before entering ranked that reads: "Before commiting to a ranked game, please have at least an hour of time, a stable internet connection, and decent manners. Not doing these things can lead to undeserved losses for your team mates and a ban, and further bans could lead to a permaban."

"We know you have invested a lot of time and money into LoL, and we thank you for your cooperation for the greater good of the game."

My hope is a disclaimer would at least make people stop and think for a second, before they commit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

03-29-2012

I disagree Just lately i have seen the avg game time increase to where it was early last year. I did not like the 20-30 min games as a game that short always has a clear cut winner and a clear cut loser. I like games that either team can win at any time. there are 3 phases to a game for a reason 20 min games are usually won before lane phase is even over.