Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskPantheon

10-21-2012

The Institute of War can hold back the tides of war for only so long. Soon, we shall return to the ways of old. Demacia and Noxus will go to war again, and where they fight, we shall fight as well. They will know war, and they will know that it was the Rakkor that showed them it. Perhaps,as you said, we shall create an empire, but it is far better to have only your own people under your control than the people of others. I have seen the warriors of Demacia and Noxus, and they are greatly inferior to my fellow Rakkor. Therefore, we most likely will continue as we did before the Institute of War, waging war at our own discretion. However, we have had much time to prepare, to study our enemies. We are constantly prepared for war, and these foolish city states are not, they think that the Institute of War will last forever. Personally, I have witnessed many Demacian and Noxian battle tactics used upon the Fields of Justice, and have learned much about the strategies they use on the battlefield. There are infinite ways to counter them, and if they use such tactics upon the battlefield, will surely come to defeat by our hands. We shall reach this greater glory I spoke of earlier through victory, through endless victories. All shall know of the greatness of the Rakkor, all throughout Valoran.

-Pantheon, the Artisan of War

((And thus I made probably my longest response to any single question on my thread.))

AskPantheon

10-22-2012

((Gimme some questions as I sleep.))

AskPantheon

10-23-2012

((Is it because I'm trying to make my answers longer that I get fewer questions?))

shadowsark614

10-23-2012

((panth if you keep wondering why nobody's asking you questions look at the page number. It's becoming increasingly difficult. I would say start asking questions in other people's threads but you do that enough. I'm sorry at my inability to help more on the topic.))

Another question Pantheon. What is your favorite way of disposing of an enemy? It can be anywhere from beheading to disemboweling. And please be truthful rather then saying "stabbing them." It is to boring if you say that.

From a Distant Summoner

AskPantheon

10-24-2012

I have no single preferred way of disposing of an opponent. I do not delight in the act of killing another, it is simply a necessary part of war, nothing less. Any quick, effective, and efficient method of disposing of an enemy is suitable to me.

((On a side note, I'm altering my portrayal of Pantheon to make him less angry and more dead serious.))

SandscourgeSkarn

10-24-2012

Tell me this Artisan, for it relates directly to my goals.

You are an advocate of war, yes? While I am not so blind as to discredit the merits of conflict, I ask after your focus upon armed conflict as an end to everything. It is true that in doing so, mettle is tested and growth is achieved, but so commonly does that result in loss of life. And so my question is thus. What place has a sharp mind with knowledge beyond that of battle have in your arsenal, if any?

-Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard

AskPantheon

10-24-2012

A council of war. The verbal debates that occur in such a council are almost as intense as a battlefield, but much knowledge can be gained by simply sitting in and listening in on such a council. Is this answer satisfactory?

SandscourgeSkarn

10-24-2012

To be frank, no. Say the Rakkorians have run out of food, for reasons you are not entirely sure of. Months pass and since you have been living on dwindling rations for so long, the people grow restless. There is a bastion of hope nearby, a civilization that has more than enough food to allow your people to nourish themselves. They will not offer you aid without being asked.

The question now is, do you attack them in an effort to merely claim what is theirs, or do you simply ask them for what excess they can spare, secure in the knowledge that it does not diminish your stature? Do you make these hypothetical people an ally or do you attempt to turn them into enemies by doing battle?

AskPantheon

10-24-2012

In our entire history we have hardly ever negotiated with others. We are not so weak as to have to receive aid from others, we help ourselves. In response to your question, we would wage war against them, as we have waged war in the past. In such a scenario, capturing the food stores of the enemy would be our first priority, which is rather obvious. Were I to be in command, I would devote as many soldiers as possible to this task, and then immediately begin to distribute it to other elements of the army. From then onward, it would likely be a war of attrition. We would possess their food, and they would need it back, for obvious reasons. We would merely have to hold their stockpiles until they would eventually surrender. In the case they have several such stockpiles, we would have to capture all of them almost simultaneously, as to prevent them from discerning our strategy.

Now, is that a satisfactory answer, or would you like me to carry on?

SandscourgeSkarn

10-24-2012

I will not bother to ask if you have accounted for your troops morale and physical well-being in the face of being without food for months on end. I am certain you think highly of them, as anyone in your position should. Tell me Pantheon, do you have time for history? It shall be brief.

The Rune Wars. You have no doubt at least heard of them. They were a case of mutually assured destruction. Of violence and war-like greed gone awry. While I do not wish to offend, I draw similarities between such an attitude of war as your own and that of the nature of the Rune Wars. While I can not discredit you for being staunch in your beliefs, I merely bear a warning.

The world suffers for every unnecessary battle that is fought, for every drop of pointlessly shed blood and misused weapon. You cannot feel the tremble in your very soul that this world has. Fear that her children will tear each other limb from limb and leave nothing behind of her gifts to them but stained earth and shattered hopes.

On that note, the Brackern appears reticent to continue, and so leaves, hoping his message was clear.