Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champions with terrible passives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Atheist NA

03-29-2012

Some might disagree, but I find Pantheon's passive to be quite bad (Blocks one auto attack every 5 times he swings). Since he's an AD caster, and not an auto attack champion, its hard to put his passive to good use. The one occasion I find it useful is that it blocks Jax's leapstrike, which is nice, but other than that, meh.

Tahald

03-29-2012

Quote:
Nutcup:
Some might disagree, but I find Pantheon's passive to be quite bad (Blocks one auto attack every 5 times he swings). Since he's an AD caster, and not an auto attack champion, its hard to put his passive to good use. The one occasion I find it useful is that it blocks Jax's leapstrike, which is nice, but other than that, meh.

It save him from turret attack, you can dive, not garbage. when you already have it plus
Aegis of Zeonia refresh it and than hit 5 time = -3 hit during a fight

What about Yorick's passive, bonus health doesn't do much (still help when someone attack your ghoul but why someone would attack your ghould when you are attacking him) since they just lose health% every second and their damage it could simply be in his spell like Jack in the box and H-28G Evolution Turret but scaling on AD

Nea De Penserhir

03-29-2012

Ghouls scaling on bonus health is probably so they can not be killed instantly by aoe, an attentive champion in lane, or possibly take one turret shot and still live long enough to mess with the targeting.

Cm DestroyerV

03-29-2012

I find viktor's passive to be one of the least useful. To get the most out of it he needs to spend 1000 gold to get any major benefit, and rushing for it not going to help viktor himself very much because any other major AP item is going to boost his power more than the augment. (3 AP per level not too big but it could be just me)

Nea De Penserhir

03-29-2012

Quote:
DestroyerV:
I find viktor's passive to be one of the least useful. To get the most out of it he needs to spend 1000 gold to get any major benefit, and rushing for it not going to help viktor himself very much because any other major AP item is going to boost his power more than the augment. (3 AP per level not too big but it could be just me)

Except Augment Death is a skill specific Rabadoodles that also stacks with Rabadoodles. That's pretty potent, and there's no other item that can replicate that.

Best Atheist NA

03-30-2012

Quote:
Tahald:
It save him from turret attack, you can dive, not garbage. when you already have it plus
Aegis of Zeonia refresh it and than hit 5 time = -3 hit during a fight

I understand the certain situations where it CAN be useful, but you can say that about any champion in the game. What if you're facing a heavy AP team? It makes your passive even more useless.

Also, like I stated, Pantheon is not an auto-attacking AD champ. Yes, he can, but he's more useful using his Spear Shot and HSS.

I find his passive useful maybe 3 times a game, at most. There's alot of champions that have ridiculously OP passives that they can take advantage of all game.

Argotor

03-30-2012

Eves passive is worthless because she is super easy to kill. If she could go right up to an enemy champion and deal damage without dying, it could be very useful. I once tired evelynn out and laned against heimbinger. Guess what, her passive doesn't work on his turrets which technically are non-neutral minions. For a second, I thought her passive could have a real use. proper champions make it so you do not have to buy oracles and vision wards to survive ganks like lee sin when use properly and wariwck. Nidalee even if your lucky. Her traps' to reveal stealth champions. One time a Twitch stepped on a trap and trying to scout us out for a team fight. He died instantly. There are ways to see stealth champions without an oracles. Nunu's passive is good. It allows him to do lots of sustain and harass. If your solo laning and the enemy is not a ranged AD, you will be able to get lots of hits with ease. Also good if the enemy is at base healing up and you can lots of free Qs in without having to use mana and be full HP before the enemy gets back.

That Other Guy

03-30-2012

Because by mid game Yorick can spam his ghouls, he starts running around with 10-20% damage reduction to him and increased damage to enemies which is certainly nothing to sneeze at.

As for Pantheon he's an awesome tower diver precisely because of his passive which will allow him to block 2-3 tower hits in a row. Plus he's an awesome counter pick to pretty much any AD top because his passive blocks on-hit abilities too such as Gangplank's Parrrley, Volibear's Rolling Thunder, Irelia's Bladesurge, etc.

1 800 SOLO QUEUE

03-30-2012

Leona needs to be able to activate her passive. She's a tank and her passive makes her team mates more of the threat than she is...

KamakaziGumiBear

03-30-2012

Nunu and Taric dont belong in this list. LB's passive causes a delay in the damage she is taking because theres the second you have to pick out the real one, it gives her time to use her gay ass double flash **** and avoid getting ignited in alot of situations.