Champions with terrible passives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obsessivo

03-29-2012

leblanc is ok, dont need a new passive

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurok View Post
Doesn't LB's passive prevent her from being dealt a killing blow if it's up? I've seen many LB players being saved by that **** passive so many times...
It doesn't prevent her from getting hit, just stealths her for half a second, which isn't enough time to do anything. Plus AoE's will still kill her. I've never personally seen a Leblanc saved by it and I don't see how she could be against any competent players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piemonade View Post
Nidalee has a fairly useless one.
I briefly considered her, but her passive does help her chase, flee, and get around the map quickly so while it's not a great passive it's certainly not garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollySnatcha View Post
Fiddlesticks:
(Innate): Nearby enemy units have their magic resistance reduced by 10. (1000 range)

Yeah sure this helps for the first 10 minutes of the game. After that it's somewhat of an annoyance, showing up as a debuff for enemies so they know you're there. and 10, really, 10? 10 MR is nothing.
Agreed that the buff is annoying and the 10MR is mainly just helpful during the early game; it should probably either scale or be changed to a magic penetration aura. Not sure if it's bad enough to be no the list though.

Norilaz

03-29-2012

Lux
(Innate): Lux's damaging spells charge any enemies hit with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's attacks or Finales Funkeln will ignite the energy, dealing 10 + (10 x level) magic damage to the target.

Don't get me wrong, Illumination is wonderful for harass early-game, but by late game it typically becomes near-useless on middle-high health champions. You have to go in attack range (making the fact that Lux's other abilities are long-range moot), use a crummy basic attack (and no proper Lux player will be stacking AD/AS), and get mediocre damage.

Julian Kanzuki

03-29-2012

LeBlanc's passive is awesome.

that half a second stealth basically forces the enemy to loose aquisition, It can save your life. and its easy to controle the clone, you can start it moving before the stealth is gone, and people will attack it.

Orleos

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Kanzuki View Post
LeBlanc's passive is awesome.

that half a second stealth basically forces the enemy to loose aquisition, It can save your life. and its easy to controle the clone, you can start it moving before the stealth is gone, and people will attack it.
It will often save you from Shaco. If he manages to surprise you and 2 shot your health into that range, that small range will allow you to pull off your combo and crush him.

Not so much against others.

I still would like to see it create 2-3 clones though, in which they either run off or use a 'Distortion' to escape. Makes it more believable. Other than that I say leave it the way it is.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

"Ashe:
Focus: (Innate): While not autoattacking, Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 % every 3 seconds. This bonus critical strike chance is removed after Ashe's next autoattack.

My idea..

Focus: (Innate): Every 4 abilities used, Ashe is able to empower her next ability with an additional effect.

Frost Shot: Not affected.
Volley: An empower volley pierces through the targets hit.

Hawkshot: An empowered hawkshot has the sight properties of a Vision Ward.
Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Ultimate): An empowered crystal arrow will travel significantly faster.

(Just some ideas, the ultimate doesn't have to be including since it might mess up some people who are used to Ashe's arrow's speed)"

[QUOTE]

Ashe doesn't spam enough to make use of this. one of her skills only slows and eats up mana, one is on a 30-60 sec cooldown, and the last is her ult. Volley is her only real damage skill early. I really can't think of anything to trade for this passive, but yours would not improve the character at all.

Choten

03-29-2012

Its not that the passive's are bad it's just they don't work in the meta the players created. If you think about it this way:

Ashe is playing support, bush hugging, supporting a melee AD. She provides slows, stuns, a free clairvoyance, and a critical poke every few seconds. she can harrass with volley if she needs to in order to save up for her passive. She can also get more gold than the average player due to her passive.

Before they nerfed the minions, they used to be able to take a chunk out of your hp when you ran past them to attack enemies. With Evelynn she would be able to ignore the minions because their damage was reduced by armor and then reduced again by her passive.

Back when healing characters were allowed to have farm, Taric would be able to sustain his lane by healing and attacking minions. His auto attacks would give him mana and his heal would lower its cooldown from attacking.

Nunu who was meant to be a jungler, wouldn't need to start at blue buff because he would be able to save mana from his passive and consume jungle minions.

This applies to other champions whose passives you think are terrible. In the old Sivir spotlight, she was played mid. Now people think mid is reserved for AP champions. Its not the passives, its the playstyle. If people expect you to be a high dps ranged carry Ashe, and don't understand why youre not racking up tons of kills, its because shes better at assisting. And its not your fault, its just everyone expects you to be good at mid just because you're a mage when every mage isn't good at mid.

That Other Guy

03-29-2012

If anything your post just goes to show that these passives need updated. People don't normally play Ashe as support anymore (not that her passive is good for supporting anyway), Evelynn doesn't take enough damage from minions to make her passive worthwhile (if she also took half damage from jungle mobs it would be totally different), Support characters aren't supposed to farm which basically screwed Taric all around, and the changes to the jungle gave everyone good sustain making Nunu's former advantage redundant.

Peligrad

03-29-2012

I've seen LB's passive save her life several times. Her clone blocks skill shots and if she has her jumps or ult her clone often gives enough time for a cc to break for her to use it before they figure out which one is which.

I've also seen LB use it to scout bushes and every once in a while someone will blow a spell or summoner on it. Also turrets will focus the first clone if she dives (until she hurts a champion again).

It's not the best passive in the world, but it's a lot better than say Renekton's or Evelynn's.

That Other Guy

03-29-2012

If her passive only saves her butt 10% (as an example) of the time and does absolutely nothing the rest of the time it's still garbage.

And if she has to jump or flash in conjunction with her passive then it's not really her passive that saved her butt, it is merely a contributing factor at best.

I would recommend they either increase the stealth duration or make her clone do something useful instead of the stealth, such as an AoE stun.