Ranked just... depresses me at times

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

I remember being excited for ranked before I was 30. It seemed like something competetive and fun. After I got ranked at 1200, I went up to 1250. It seemed like I was doing good for a bit. Then I started getting matched up with complete idiots who would feed 5+ kills in less than 10 minutes, afk/leavers, and raging little 10-year-olds.

Now my elo is less than 950. I'll admit I didn't play perfectly every game, but I feel like sometimes it isn't my fault when I lose, and that my elo should be higher than what it currently is. I'm not trying to ***** nor whine, but I feel like I've been cheated out of a very fun experience. Is there any way I can possibly pull myself out of this elo hell? Or do I just have to enjoy myself playing unranked?

Banuvan

03-28-2012

Team game but every game rests solely on one person's shoulders. So say the pro's not on professional teams! Don't stress it. Riot will never change their absurdly horrid thinking of using ELO in a team based game so just play normals like I do.

Current Event

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

So i've played ~50 games of ranked this season and i'm sitting at 1251 with a top rating of 1356. It is a team game, but you can influence the game vastly if you play right.

I found playing mid is the most influential role but with enough skill and intelligent champion choices you can carry yourself to high elo. Sure some of your elo is luck but i'm sure you could lose each game you play if you try hard enough.

digsel

03-30-2012

Assuming you're an average or better player, you'll have a percentage of games where some bad player will cause you to lose ELO when you were playing well, and you'll have a percentage of games where you play bad but your team carries you. That kinda stuff evens out in the end. In the mean time stop worrying about bad players and work on your game. I started off going up to 1244, and dropping all the way to 890 and I *****ed about bad players and what not like everyone else. But I kept practicing and have risen back up to the mid 1100's, winning about 80% of my games over the past 25-30. If you're stuck playing support, you won't be able to put the game on your back, but just about any other position you can make up for 1 really bad player. Now, if you're currently ranked at 900 or so, and your 'true' ELO is 1000-1100 you might not be able to single handedly carry a bad team to victory, but as you get better you'll be able to make more of an impact in the game and you'll eventually start climbing out of ELO hell, if you deserve it.

BlackJesus101

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by digsel View Post
Assuming you're an average or better player, you'll have a percentage of games where some bad player will cause you to lose ELO when you were playing well, and you'll have a percentage of games where you play bad but your team carries you. That kinda stuff evens out in the end. In the mean time stop worrying about bad players and work on your game. I started off going up to 1244, and dropping all the way to 890 and I *****ed about bad players and what not like everyone else. But I kept practicing and have risen back up to the mid 1100's, winning about 80% of my games over the past 25-30. If you're stuck playing support, you won't be able to put the game on your back, but just about any other position you can make up for 1 really bad player. Now, if you're currently ranked at 900 or so, and your 'true' ELO is 1000-1100 you might not be able to single handedly carry a bad team to victory, but as you get better you'll be able to make more of an impact in the game and you'll eventually start climbing out of ELO hell, if you deserve it.
Elo hell reaches right from 0-2k+ because all of the bad matchups are because of the poorly designed Elo system its easy for a bad player to start ranked at 1200 and get carried up to 1500 or higher by their teams its why Reginald got stuck at 1500 Elo at the start of Season Two he had to duo with other pros to get out and its why even at the highest levels of play you can run into people that dont seem to understand the basics of the game or the teamwork involved

digsel

03-30-2012

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if that is the case, you'll get 'good' teammates at low ELO's and you'll get bad teammates at high ELO's, but over the course of the long run it'll work itself out

AJStarhiker

03-30-2012

I've played 5 or 6 ranked games. I've yet to win any of them. Problem? I actually like playing tank/support, but despite being last pick, I've yet to play my best champion (Leona) in ranked.

Go figure.

Sephrinx

03-30-2012

I most enjoy playing AP mid, LeBlanc and Kennen are my flavor. Most games I will have easily a 2:1 KD if not better. Sometimes I can carry a team with going 8-0 and making them ragequit, or there is the long game where I get 20-4 and powerhouse my team to victory.
Then of course, are the times... When it doesn't matter how hard I carry or what I do. I can go 23-0 and we will still lose due to;
-Over extending
-NO ONE ELSE WARDS BUT ME ( As a carry buying 7-10 wards in a game... lots of gold)
-Ignorance
-AFK/Leaver
-Lack of Focus Fire in Team fights, and lacking presence in team fights due to overextension.

You win some... You lose some... Just do your best and grit your teeth and bear the absurd noobs that you get Queue'd with...Buy wards, time Jungle mobs(Baron/Dragon/etc) and don't extend unless you guys are together.. idk

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

03-30-2012

I played 3 ranked games before, they were the 3 most un-fun, troll infested, egomaniac filled games i ever played.
I immediately went back to playing normal games.

WayneKingftw

03-30-2012

stfu up nubs u lose ur elo cuz u bads