Atk Spd Support Lulu and your thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
had a 4 phantom dancer yi who i gave pix to. my god, he massacred those ai bots. they didn't even see it coming.
I don't think the bots saw it coming either way

inFe eD

03-28-2012

the thing is, the bots see everything coming, because they're dirty cheaters. Exhaust em? Cleansed before you can even blink. Skillshot them from brush? They juke your shots when they don't even have vision. They're idiot savants.

Ace Mckick

03-28-2012

True, Bots are op

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
It is long range and will allow you to harass, but it is my understanding that Lulu in general does very little damage even when built for it.

So picking her is mainly for the silence on low CD and general utility she brings (+AP, shield, speed buff, slow, heal).

Because of this, I would think that leveling W to maximize silence duration and lower CD would be better than the minimal harass you would provide with a higher Q rank. If you were building more mpen or AP it may be a different story, but why level your AP ability first when you're building AS/on-hit?
Q is also for utility, Slowing them so your Carries can stay in range. It's really a matter of personal preference I guess, but that's just me. I have Mpen Marks, Atk Spd Seals, MR per Level Glyphs, and Gold/5 quints

Redenbacher

03-28-2012

Devil's Advocate post:

Why are you playing Lulu as ASPD/on-hit, when Kog's W does more damage than Lulu's passive at every level above 9, (using Kog's base HP with no runes/masteries)? Kog also has more range, and 40% free bonus attack speed.

You're creating a situation where Lulu will be using her shield on herself more than her allies, which completely nullifies the point of using her in the first place, in my opinion. You're playing a support with incredible utility to help her teammates win teamfights without dealing much damage herself. This isn't even a 'think out of the box' argument, it's a 'what else could I play that does the same thing, but better' argument.

AS is a pretty poor stat to begin with, and by investing in that on a support, you wind up with weaker damaging spells, weaker shields, and a weaker ultimate. You're going to throw away .5 AP ratio on a flat bonus to HP that isn't countered by ignite? That's just silly.

Sidenote: Lulu + Kog'Maw must be a really nasty combo.

Some food for thought: Glitterlance slows by 80% and has a 7 second cooldown. with 40% CDR, that becomes a 4.2 second cooldown, and a 2 second duration at max level. That's only 2.2 seconds of time the enemy is not slowed...

I also want to point out the OP suggested Nashor's Tooth for Ziggs... when Ziggs' passive isn't based on attack speed at all. CDR helps, but that is it, and I'd rather get that from Glacial or Morello's.

EDIT: Missed the 2% at level one in my math, so Kog's W does more damage every level after 9.

GrignardTS

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Mckick View Post
Q is also for utility
That's the point though. It's a 1-point wonder with that 80% slow.

And don't use gp5 quints on Dominion. Do the math, they are worthless.

MS, CDR, Flat Pen, and HP/level are way better.

Ace Mckick

03-28-2012

I prefer to get gp5 because I have gold masteries, and I use Philo stone. so I end games with between 15 and 17k based off of assists and gold generation. It allows me to get my items that much faster and help my team that much sooner. So, when I have my full build and am sitting on extra cash I can buy oracles extract and laugh while the other team is only 2/3rds of the way there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Devil's Advocate post:
I also want to point out the OP suggested Nashor's Tooth for Ziggs... when Ziggs' passive isn't based on attack speed at all. CDR helps, but that is it, and I'd rather get that from Glacial or Morello's.
Nashors also gives mana regen and AP, AA's are what can win skirmishes. so while you have your Morellos and are hitting for maybe 6-10 damage more per spell, I auto 50% faster and deal more damage.