Atk Spd Support Lulu and your thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace Mckick

03-28-2012

First off let me say that I bought her bundle and can already tell you that She is by far my favorite Yordle with Ziggs second and Hiem/Kennen coming in 3rd.

Reasoning
I've had a lot of discussion with my friends about how if I'm building Atk Spd I'm going for most damage and will inevitably fall short and wind up hindering the team. And, in my experience I usually top the chats as far as damage is concerned, but it is secondary to the champions primary focus. Which is to shred defense and allow your team to take out your target instantly. Lulu's Passive also plays a major role in this. 100 Magic damage per auto is just too good to pass up.

Items
Boots Ninja/ Sorc/ or Merc :
Ninja Tabi is for when you are being focused by the AD carry for making them super squish, Merc is for whenever you are against a heavy CC team. You are of no use to your team stunned, so reducing the time is crucial. And Sorc is for the extra magic pen to help your passive more.

Malady :
Malady is part of our core build because it provides 3 major functions, Firstly it increases your attack speed to make better use of your passive. Second, it Deal magic damage per hit which stacks with your passive. And, third, the most important part, it shreds MR from your target making you and your AP glass cannon deal more damage.

Nashors Tooth :
Nashors is a wonderful item for Lulu and I often get ridiculed for getting it, but it provides 3 much needed stats. Again first is attack speed. I can't stress enough how much this is needed to make use of your passive as well as procing Malady and Black cleaver. Second it provides AP, not a small amount either. And, since it's buff (yes it got a buff) I can't believe that I haven't seen more of it on champions like Ziggs, Fizz, and of course Lulu. Thirdly it provides a whopping 25% CDR. You are only as useful as your skill timers allow you to be, and with the regen to mana it provides as well as the Dom map bonus you should never run out of mana to spam your spells.

Black Cleaver :
Black Cleaver is one of the other support items we have for our AD champions. It provides Attack speed for our passive, AD to hit harder in general (we are AAing a lot) and it shreds Armor. Rammus shouldn't be too much of a problem for your team anymore.

Wits End :
At this point in the game you should be getting focused quite hard, and it's mainly the initial burst that will kill you not the sustained damage. With Wits End the burst at the beginning is dropped drastically because of the MR it provides. It also has the added benefit of increasing your MR with each attack and dealing some extra damage per hit.

Zekes Herald:
The final piece to our Atk Speed Support Lulu puzzle. It gives you the last 15% CDR you need to reach the cap of 40%. It gives you and your team bonus Attack Speed and LIFE STEAL. This is huge. Now you are self sustaining, you support your team, and you can spam all day without repercussions.

Build order

Boots and Philo Stone to start> Stinger and upgrade boots> Malady and finish Nashors> Black Cleaver> Wits End> Sell Philo Stone and buy Zekes

Skill order
R>Q>W>E

Q: Glitter lance is amazing, its a skill shot slow for potentially the entire enemy team and allows you to let your team escape as well as being an amazing poke tool. Push your minions to the tower and use Help pix on one to double your range.

W: When isn't it a good idea to turn people into cupcakes or kittens? Use this in conjunction with Q to speed a team mate up for escape. Cause the AD carry to be cute and fluffy. Amazing skill.

E: Shields are nice, and giving your Q more range is always a good thing. This allows you to support your AD carry with additional damage and it will grant you the assist without stealing the kill.

R: Cast it on your tank, cast it on yourself, cast it on the mage the enemy team just focused for amazing AOE CC.

Passive: dealing an additional 100 Magic damage per hit is great, it's the whole reason we are building this way in the first place.

Playstyle:
with your AA range being good and having a relatively short skill range you should be in the mid ground. Behind your Melee but in front of your AP or ranged AD. This placement allows you to control the flow of battle extremely well. You should be in range of everyone on your team to react if someone gets surprised and to enable your teams burst to get through.

Play aggressive at the beginning, careful mid game and SUPER AGGRESSIVE during late game. You will be a force to be reckoned with and with a full team of aggressors behind you acing a team fight should be simple.

Conclusion:
I have had amazing luck with this build and have found it to be the best for my play style. Lulu is a great champion and needs the TLC that others before her have gotten. I would love to hear your opinions on the subject and any feedback you may have. However I don't want this to turn into a hate thread, so please provide reasons for what you say.

~Ace

smXho

03-28-2012

I've been playing lulu for about 50 games, and i realise one problem

Quite alot of AS Lulu's dps comes from help!pix, but that limits to who you shield...
So how do you support and deal good dmg on AS?

I personally decided you either go full AS (malady, wits end, kitae, phage, ionic spark), or you go full support (FH, Shureila, Hextech, FoN)

Ace Mckick

03-28-2012

I've found that if you shield your AP carry you boost their damage, if you Shield your AD they deal pix's damage anyways, and even if you don't deal the damage from Pix, your are still shredding MR and Armor and making their day miserable.

deepbluereason

03-28-2012

I prefer max cdr tanky build and polymorphing someone every 7 secs/ having my ulti ready for every skirmish.

Might be a preference of playstyle but I've built her just about everyway you can and this seems to bring the most usefulness to my team.

inFe eD

03-28-2012

i don't like attackspeed lulu because usualyl you want to pass off your passive to your ad carry who attacks faster. you can just build safe generic support items and be effective, while attackspeed lulu requires you to be selfish on a hero that doesn't rly scle that well, i feel. i dunno, just me rambling my thoughts as a support player for my lulu build/playstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
I don't see why you would max Q over W or E when it starts at 80% at rank 1.
2lazy to make new post - for the damages. it's low cd and fairly reliably easy to hit

GrignardTS

03-28-2012

I don't see why you would max Q over W or E when it starts at 80% at rank 1.

Ace Mckick

03-28-2012

Maxing Q first gives you easy harass. I don't really Hero much, it just happens when you have to defend a point solo. Mainly Im there for shred so that the rest of my team can burst easier. Also as I've stated earlier you have max CDR with Nashors and Zekes.

GrignardTS

03-28-2012

It is long range and will allow you to harass, but it is my understanding that Lulu in general does very little damage even when built for it.

So picking her is mainly for the silence on low CD and general utility she brings (+AP, shield, speed buff, slow, heal).

Because of this, I would think that leveling W to maximize silence duration and lower CD would be better than the minimal harass you would provide with a higher Q rank. If you were building more mpen or AP it may be a different story, but why level your AP ability first when you're building AS/on-hit?

deepbluereason

03-28-2012

Problem with Nashor's and Zeke's is both those items are combined are about 5k gold. Consider the price of boots and say, Malady + Wits End/Bloodrazor and you're 11 or 12k gold into a build before you're doing even modest damage and you're squishy as hell to boot.

inFe eD

03-28-2012

Nah, you do a surprisingly high amount of damage just landing your Qs and autoattacking whenever possible. It doesn't look like a lot of damage, but 80% slow lets you land a few good autos off if you do the kitings. Early game when you're probably one of the safest targets you want to keep Pix for yourself, but late game if one of your teammates is attacking like greased lightning you pass pix off to him.

had a 4 phantom dancer yi who i gave pix to. my god, he massacred those ai bots. they didn't even see it coming.