Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Top Laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaranus

03-28-2012

Which champion is, all-around, the best top laner in the current metagame? Is there any champion that is good in almost all matchups?

5HT2A

03-28-2012

I like olaf for the sustain and true damage. I also like volibear. This is all down to who you're up against, though.

demolista

03-28-2012

i agree with hammy, olaf is one of the strongest solo tops. Me personally, who plays ad carry usually, like to top cait because of the range.

shadow99999

03-28-2012

olaf's pretty good but if some one stacks health counting on his true damage goes out the window

Neku58

03-28-2012

Irelia, even with her recent nerf, I think is still considered the go to top laner.
Then again, I've seen some really good Fioras top... the passive lifesteal granting them really good sustain makes it so they can lane forever if they have to.
I prefer Voli though, especially for his minon wave control with his e.

belzimilien

Senior Recruiter

03-28-2012

i like xin

SacredWinds

03-28-2012

Irelia and Olaf are extremely Strong, I feel teemo is amazing counter pick to almost all melee, even against nid top(AD)

Naukki

Recruiter

03-28-2012

shen :P

Naukki

Recruiter

03-28-2012

i like shen is extremaly strong

Quick Rawr

03-28-2012

Irelia, Olaf, Shen, Cho'Gath.

All have sustain, build up tanky with decent damage output, and have ranged harass (except Irelia, but she has a great gap closer as well as her ult for harass/kill/heal)