New Logitech G510 Plugin for League of Legends 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginoshie

08-14-2012

Well thats not even such a big problem just copy paste it to notepad save as x.xml and you can import it (to avoid the lag when copy pasting a large code) but then i just states its not the right profile..but I have the latest version 8.3 or something like that dunno by head..Im kinda bummed..I got the bars working but they dont reset or change to 5 min after I or anyone else kills them..and I got so excited when I found this :P

Dolvmin

08-16-2012

If at all possible (should be unless it must break security features in the Logi g510 design), the keys 1, 2, 3 q, w, e, r, etc... should have an alteration in their color to match the significant association to the hot keys defined in game.

I also feel Riot should have taken over this project for you. EA (Electronic Arts) has incorporated a built in plugin into the Dragon Age games, Atari has also integrated it within their Neverwinter Nights 2 and I can assume countless others out there are doing it as well. In fact, instead of assuming here's a link to some references of games whom this plug-in is natively supported. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G510

There's countless programmers out there who are looking to start a career (and should be by starting to develop tools). Is Riot gimping out on us? And yes, that was a challenge to Riot. ;P

Realistically, this is not a huge financial investment. In fact, it perhaps could be one of their smallest. The line of support for this is real simple; if it works, "great". If it doesn't, "contact your OEM". To design it... Well if one dude who doesn't work for Riot can make it... Need I explain more?

Also, if Riot were to take over, they could directly incorporate the timers which can not be done unless LOL (League of Legends) is reversed engineered. Obviously, I do not encourage violating the EULA (End User License Agreement as well as copy right laws). In my opinion, if you forgot to hit a button, you wouldn't be kicking yourself because the plug-in at that point is useless. They could also allow you to customize the interface by choosing what you want to display. For example, pushing tab to see how much more time you have before most of the enemy come back from death is kinda hard if your in a fight. Hence, look at G510 for their death timers.

Ultimately, I can see Riot making money from this more than losing. First, they increase value of their product through customer experience (which really isn't a big deal since there are bigger ways to do it). Second, they can advertise Logitech as part of their suggestive brand, like Blizzard does with nVidia (Yes, they make money from this). When its time for Riot to make a new game (and it will eventually be needed), this could save them a step. Additionally, when Riot finalizes their 3D development, they could use the Logi G510 as a real in game 3D calibrator. But here's the biggest factor; once you have a plug-in for one Logi keyboard, it'll be really easy to develop one for the rest. To my best of knowledge, there are at least 3 types of Logi gaming keyboards with displays. There's got to be a nice percentage of people who use it.

Please add your thoughts. It's all about numbers. The more riot that goes into people wanting this, the more Riot will be interested in considering it. Who knows, maybe we'll give this developer a job.

Ginoshie

08-18-2012

Yea Dolvmin I totally agree on all of ur points. I hope and kinda think they are already aware of this. (Incase you didnt notice: Riot is smarter then the community of its game :P) They'll def recognize this as an added value to their game. Its all a matter of time but..who wants to wait..lol..We game so we can get an instant rush lol. So here's to Riot fixing this profile stuff! Cause these timer stuck at 1:55 suck hard! (and I didnt even mention the other stuff..)

Dikonakite

09-09-2012

Got a 510 the other day and saw this up so I snagged it. Worked fine my first game with it, but ever since then I can't get the G keys to work right. Tried removing and reimporting the profile, but no luck... the helper.exe is still running as well, so not sure whats going on.

Oh, and it does still announce the initial countdown at the match start.

BlackyChan542

10-22-2012

No idea if you are still keeping an eye on this thread or developing this, absolutely love it however one suggestion would be to make the announcements faster, when pressing skills it will just type them in and wont cast them at all if it is announcing something is coming up soon/now.

lDucks

11-10-2012

I just got my G510 and I first looked for a LoL applet.

Let me just say, you've made my life.

Chuck014

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

just got this, haven't tested yet but for those having xml issues, check the xml, mine had a blank line at the beginning which was causing my issue

Rave Turtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

^+1 I had the same problem, deleting the blank line solved it for me.

However for some reason I can't get the applet to announce when the buffs are up. Just nothing happens. I noticed on the macro's in the profile they hadn't been set to hit 'enter' before typing then 'enter' again after typing. Could this be same reason why the timers are not announcing when the buffs have respawned?

VexingRaven

12-29-2012

I just got a G510 and downloaded this app. I didn't use the profile, but I did create my own. For those wondering, the G1-6 keys in the profile are just shortcuts set to ctrl-shift-alt F1-6, in case you want to make your own.

@Dolvmin: Setting the colors of individual keys is not possible.

CreepyGoblin

02-21-2013

awesome work dude. I'm loving this plugin <3