Is Olaf Jungle still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smalltx

05-29-2013

How is he compared to other top tier junglers in terms of clear speed, dueling ability, and ganks? I'm considering getting lee sin but everyone and their mother uses lee sin so I'm not really feeling it.

MicKretz

05-29-2013

well if you want a non popular junlge then i think olaf is ur man lolz

if you want a hard to learn and pull off some awesome plays then get lee sin...just cuz a lot of ppl use him dont mean they are good with him

xMalkariss

05-29-2013

Lee sin is so good because of he skill.
if u learn lee sin and get good (ward jumping,pulling high level combos)
you will be a strong junglr, i started jungler with lee sin i have had over 800 games with him now i can jungle zyra just for fun

lee sin perform how the team needs you (AD, tank ect) hes skills are all great for hes play style,EG
he can invade red and see if its there with out any wards or being near,my Fav thing about lee if u get ambushed you can escape by using jungle camps or minons

Jonasaurus Rex

05-29-2013

Olaf is a good jungler, high damage, tanky, can't CC cuz of hit ult. He just lacks in stuns. He has a slow, but that's it. If your team overall has a good amount of stun, there won't be an issue. Also if their team has a lot of CC, then there's a problem too, for when your ult's off. Ask anyone that mains ADC though, they hate Olaf in general coming after them, unless they're a hero with jumps, or a lot of getaway. In my opinion, he's a situational jungler. It all depends on team comp of both teams.

PatMcGroyn

05-29-2013

Jungle Olaf is definitely still viable, especially if your team lacks tanks. His clear is great, all you have to do is spam axes right at your feet, and he has the natural sustain from W.

His ganks are still pretty solid as well, if you can land your axe on them and spam E, you can get out solid DPS and either get kills, or push the opponents from lane.

The Lonely Ward

05-29-2013

Lol no.

he's just too outclassed now. Olaf in general is.

Blessed Raven

05-30-2013

I agree with Duagnoi

Zeraphicus

05-30-2013

Yeah he still clears the jungle great, and may be able to counter jungle, but he is a pretty weak pick. The nerf to his axe slow really hurt jungle Olaf, as well as the passive pen nerf on his ultimate. His ganks were never that powerful but he had a high damage output. Now his damage output is not high enough to win duels against top tier champs.

When previously chasing people and consistently hitting your axes you could still be kited by high mobility champs (it seems every new champ is one of these)

I used to fear an Olaf jungle on the opposing team, now honestly he is a pretty easy win.

All he brings is damage, he has no cc. They were nerfing top Olaf because of voyboy, it hit jungle Olaf worse.

Look up the game recently where voyboy played Olaf top vs kha zix, and completely got wrecked.

Riot has admitted they hit him too hard because they felt he was that bad. The worst nerf for jungle Olaf was the q slow, when you compare it to xin with a 3 second CD gap closer plus slow (after 3 Q's).

He might be more viable now with more AD items, he doesn't have the damage to pull off tanky CDR anymore.

TLDR

Yes he can jungle still but is not top tier, you hurt your team by picking him.

If jungling was just farming the jungle then he'd be great.