My olaf build decent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PardonMySwag

08-04-2010

I have ghost and ignite as summoner spells.

My item build goes something along the lines of this

Dorans Sheild + Hp Pot > Boots > Ruby crystal > Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi > Phage (or longsword if i dont have enough) > Longsword x2 or Brutalizer > Vampiric Scepter > Giants Belt > Frozen Mallet > Avarice blade or Youmuu's ghostblade > Start finishing off starks fervor > Atma's impaler > Whatever seems neccessary

Anyone that can help me? I'm pretty new to olaf, and all the guides I've read are outdated. I constructed this guide by my own self (it's what I thought would be best for him)

Remani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

Olaf usually tends to be weak early game unless you build his "E" ability first (which you should, by the way). So usually, I tend to start myself off with a bit of health to counter the life leech that his "E" ability costs. Ninja Tabi is alright, but you might find a bit more utility out of his "W" ability by going Berserker's Greaves until late game. It should help you refrain from having to stack lifesteal until then as well if you're using his "W" ability often with the newly added attack speed. Depending on the team you're against, it's usually a good idea to stack defenses late game - but most champions in this game do primarily magic damage, so stack Magic Resistance (Force of Nature isn't a bad idea considering the great amount of health regen you'll get in later levels). Because Olaf relies on having decent health, it's hard to get a great balance between crit or damage late game since your other slots are occupied by Force of Nature, boots, and most likely a Frozen Mallot. With that being said, my last 3 items usually go like this: Phantom Dancer for the dodge in tense situations and the crit for lifesteal if you're going into a fight 1v2, or 1v1 with an unfair advantage Bloodthirster to account for that damage increased by the crit and the more than decent life steal you'll receive. The last item is either Last Whisper for the increased attack speed and increased damage through 40% armor penetration, or Madred's Bloodrazor for the increased attack speed and epic life steal in combination with your Bloodthirster or other life stealing item, and damage against tanks.

With that build, maybe a few variations depending on the team you're playing against, constantly hitting "W" and "E" any time it's up in team battles will allow you to leech off of your target as well as dish out the damage to finish them off. Often times, most teams will want to go after the softest players first - in the case of Olaf, this is true only for the first carry champion your team eliminates. Once you've dwindled the opposing team to 4 or 3 players (assuming you're doing 5v5), it's Olaf's main job to dwindle down the tanks by using "E" until your team begins focusing the players with larger health pools. Also, generally speaking, Olaf is not one of the first champions to be targeted in team fights, so unless you find yourself specifically being targeted or the victim of large amounts of damage, save your Ultimate for times when you're caught 1v2 or are initiating fights.

EDIT: It's also important to note that late game, Force of Nature could be replaced with an item that offers greater damage and/or crit (preferably Infinity Edge). This is assuming that you'll be using your ultimate in nearly every team fight instead of just only using it when initiating. Probably would be better to use it in every team fight considering you just replaced your only resistance item, however Olaf survives quite well without any.

Zannypants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

As I said with a another post, I'm too lazy to read all of ^ that. So I apologize if I repeat something.

Early game, I go first point into undertow, then every point I can into reckless swing. About 2 or 3 points into that and you can go for early game kills, leading to easy gear.

As for the build, Frozen Mallet first. The next item is not specific, it all depends on who's on the other team, who's on your team, and what their builds are.

If you're team doesn't need a tank, and you're not really being targeted. Then go for Last Whisper. Emblem of Valour > Starks Fervor. (Having some hp regen is good due to RS costing HP, you benifit from the attack speed with the Mallet, and lifestealing is always good as physical damage) Then Madreds bloodrazor.

If you're needing to be a tank, really, after mallet I grab warmogs, and stack them. (since none of it's unique.)
Of course depending on the other team, you can grab 1 warmogs, then grab a dps piece, ect ect.

Boots, just depends on the other team. Heavy physical attacking -> Def boots. Heavy magic or stuns -> Magic/stun resist. Don't really care for either of those -> 3 speed.

Eppa

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonMySwag View Post
I have ghost and ignite as summoner spells.

My item build goes something along the lines of this

Dorans Sheild + Hp Pot > Boots > Ruby crystal > Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi > Phage (or longsword if i dont have enough) > Longsword x2 or Brutalizer > Vampiric Scepter > Giants Belt > Frozen Mallet > Avarice blade or Youmuu's ghostblade > Start finishing off starks fervor > Atma's impaler > Whatever seems neccessary

Anyone that can help me? I'm pretty new to olaf, and all the guides I've read are outdated. I constructed this guide by my own self (it's what I thought would be best for him)
Imo the build is solid. However getting a Banshees or a GA a little earlier may be a good choice if you die to fast.

Having a fixed build isn't that good.

Also learning Jungle Olaf may be a good investment.