The Ultimate Guide to Ahri, The 9 Tails Fox

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post

So no, it's not realistic for Ahri to rely on her passive to heal up. It's a nice bonus for laning, but not even remotely reliable, nor will it give even close to 25% of your max health back.
which is precisely why Boots3pots is by far the superior choice over Dorans Ring


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
Assuming Ahri is level 3, it's a minimum of 195 mana to get one Q with 35% spell vamp (3 Fox-Fire's at 40 mana each to stack up to 9 charges, one level 2 Orb of Deception).

Assuming that the Orb double-hits an entire creep wave (6 minions), it will give (65*2*6)*0.35/3 health back (dmg*spell vamp/3 for AOE spells), or 91 health. More realistically, you'll hit on average at most 4 creeps, which reduces the healing you get to 60. You can do that once every 27 seconds (cooldown for Fox-Fire at level 1).

In that period, you get 30 mana back from Doran's Ring, one Cassiopeia Q does 75 damage (modified by her AP and your MR, assuming she's maxing Twin Fang instead) for 35 mana (105 if you assume she only lands 1/3 on you, but it's not that hard to land them on a 305 movespeed champion with no boots).

So no, it's not realistic for Ahri to rely on her passive to heal up. It's a nice bonus for laning, but not even remotely reliable, nor will it give even close to 25% of your max health back.
I do realise her passive is not much of a sustain neither it is a lifesaver, but it does help a lot sometimes.
If you have some spellvamp, combining it with your passive does help a lot when you need some extra life.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
which is precisely why Boots3pots is by far the superior choice over Dorans Ring
I'm really sorry, but I just can't see it like that.
The boots don't give you anything but some MS that you can live without early game.
On the other side, if you get Doran's, you get some more HP and again, if you are used to it, you don't actually need the boots.
Doran's, for me, is far better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkarisLight

Member

04-04-2012

I will point out that Dorans and Boots3pots is personal choice, and that all guides should never be strictly followed. So the argument over those is silly. However, if, with that MS, you can avoid taking damage (far better than being able to take it), that's better for you. Also, if you want mp5, ask for help taking blue! Jungler only needs it a couple times, and if your team can handle helping you with it, stealing enemy blue is fantastic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corallein

Senior Member

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT CorE View Post
The boots don't give you anything but some MS that you can live without early game.
No, you really can't if you're playing against competent players. There are tons of champions with highly damaging or CC skillshots that boots are critical for reliably dodging.
Ziggs? Eat bombs to the face all day.
Cassiopeia? Eat Noxious Blasts and Twin Fangs all day.
Karthus? Lay Waste.
Malzahar? Silence bar.
Swain? Nevermove.
Brand? Pillar of Flame.
Gragas? Barrels.

Not only that, but boots help you play more aggressively by making it far easier to escape ganks. Ahri has no mobility at all before 6. That Ryze with boots and Initiator mastery? Walks right up to you and roots you so that the jungler gets an easy jump in. If the jungler has any form of CC themselves (Maokai), 89% chance you're dead. 10% chance you blow flash and live with almost no health, 1% chance your jungler counter-ganks and saves you.

And you also shouldn't underestimate health pots. Having to go back early can set you VERY far behind. A full level deficit at level 2 can easily snowball against you. 3x health pots is 450 health. Your passive at level 1? Worthless. It might give you 50 health, and that's being generous. So you're at an automatic 300 health deficit to begin with, and that +5 MP5 and +15 AP isn't going to make up for that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-04-2012

I've already tried making the boots and pots combo but it didn't work out well.
Come to think of it, might be actually just personal choice. I do better with Doran's then with boots.
But I do understand what the idea of the boots are. And I do, totally, respect =]

But that's just personal choice. As I'm leaving now, I'll put the boots + pots started tomorrow as a suggestion. I'll give you both credits =]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-05-2012

v1.5.0 Updated!
Added Summoner Spells (Thanks for the reminder ThorHammerz! :])


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Shamelessly bumply bumpastically bumped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

Senior Member

04-07-2012

Simply bumped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2012

Ahri's cooldowns are very low as is and pretty low mana costs as well. Prioritizing cooldown reduction mana regen or base mana hurts your damage.

I think DFG is highly situational. It should only be used if there's multiple high health or tanky champs.

You should really consider prioritizing Rylais because her W procs the 35% slow so nobody is getting away from you. If I'm getting fed in lane I almost always rush Rylais because a Giants belt and Blasting wand is like 4 dorans rings.

Not taking the neutral buff duration mastery in favor of 1 ap or 5 ap after using ignite is gimping yourself.

Buying a Revolver gives you enough spell vamp to sustain in lane finishing WotA is gimping your damage output unless there's another ap carry and team fights are being pushed.

Archangle's staff is simply a bad buy but it's even worse if you buy it end game. Maybe if you bought Tear early that would be different even though Ahri doesn't need a Tear. Buying AA at the end of the game just isn't cost effective when you could buy a Void Staff with that money something that would be infinitely more useful.


12345678 ... 11