Question on Item Spacing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bacon Dragon

10-23-2009

Alright, I've played a good amount of Dota in the past and I've just started with some LoL last weekend. I've only played a few games and couldn't figure why I can't drop items to make space for high level items in my inventory. So I did a quick google and just saw that I can buy the high item if I have enough gold to get everything listed.

Is this true?

Example: I want to buy Chalice of Harmony, I only have one space open on my inventory or that space is taken up by Meki Pendant. In order to get Chalice I would just need 890 gold total if the space is empty and only 500 if I have the Meki Pendant in that space.

Silver Lord

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor87 View Post
Alright, I've played a good amount of Dota in the past and I've just started with some LoL last weekend. I've only played a few games and couldn't figure why I can't drop items to make space for high level items in my inventory. So I did a quick google and just saw that I can buy the high item if I have enough gold to get everything listed.

Is this true?

Example: I want to buy Chalice of Harmony, I only have one space open on my inventory or that space is taken up by Meki Pendant. In order to get Chalice I would just need 890 gold total if the space is empty and only 500 if I have the Meki Pendant in that space.
Yes all of this is completely true. You've got the right idea. If an item requires two or more components, but you only have 1 space available, you can purchase the item all at once when you've saved up enough for the entire item + components.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-24-2009

If you have meki pendant, and you click on the chalice of harmony it will tell you the gold it requires to upgrade, and double clicking on it will give you the chalice. Occasionally the price will be inaccurate, but if you click on another item, then back on the complete item, the price remaining will update. It wont cost you more to upgrade meki to chalice if you dont have space