League of Legends Youtube Production

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SKT T1 pehn420

03-27-2012

What is the best way you know of to record League in a way that makes it look like the pro League of Legends videos you see on Youtube (IE: looks like 50-60 FPS, and it must be because it somehow doesn't cause their game to lag at all.) without making your ingame FPS terrible?

I've been using Fraps, and I've recently been debating buying the full version, but is it worth paying for? When you're recording, does it make your FPS ingame awful? Discuss, freeware or paid for products. Also, I'm curious about post-recording production. What is the best way to get your raw video clips from your HDD to Youtube? Please be aware I have a PC, but I'm curious about Mac production as well, because I have access to the computer lab in my college. However, if you talk about Mac, I need to know how to get my raw files from my PC into a Mac so that I could use them.

We could even discuss HDD set ups- I have 3 HDDs, two of them internal and one's an external. I have my C drive which has my OS, my Z drive which has LoL installed on it, and I just recently thought about recording to my external. Would that be the best set up? Or is there some way I can get better "bang for my buck"?
This thread is really just to talk about anything related to League of Legends and recording. I'd prefer, if nothing else, you at least talk about which program you use to record with. That's what I really want to know, but if you're advanced and you know more, please share! Thanks.
--pehn420

SKT T1 pehn420

04-04-2012

Shameless bump.

Cr33pSh0Wx

04-04-2012

What makes you look like a pro? using fraps and recording it while it goes on instead of using lolreplay for ALL ur games, also livestreaming i believe u can save with that too, thats what true pros would probably use along with their webcam, u can *buy* fraps for free(ak on demonoid, and my computer is a OK computer but its no 10k computer and mine runs fraps over lolreplay like a charm 720ph (HD), i also use bandicam which u can "buy" from demonoid