I have always wanted to play a game of DnD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raging Hipster

03-27-2012

But I never get the chance to. I also don't want to be the teenager in a room of 30 year old. Is dnd fun?

Elan Tedronai

03-27-2012

Last I heard DnD was a product of the devil and only pedophiles and rapists play that game.

badcookie

03-27-2012

Try Dungeons and Dragons Online. Its a pretty faithfull adaption of the PnP game, and its free to play! And yes, pen and paper DnD is hella fun

Raging Hipster

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Last I heard DnD was a product of the devil and only pedophiles and rapists play that game.
O.o Sounds, nice

Rahgar

03-27-2012

D&D always takes too long to actually set up and play. It's fun when you can devote several hours to it and your DM knows what he's doing (IE he doesn't try to railroad your party into whatever story he creates), and if your party's able to actually get along with each other.

FearCatalyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

I never had the attention span for D&D. It takes forever to get anything going, and I get bored easily.

Direlord

03-27-2012

you can try hero quest as well. I think that is faster but i admit i never played and pen and paper rpgs or what not nor have any real interest too.

instead i build and paint model armies and do table top battles....

Colonel Justice

03-27-2012

I just started playing DnD myself because I was curious and I'm having a blast. An online game can't compare with the experience of sitting around a table with a good group of people and nerding out for hours. And it is amazing how fast the time flies.

It's basically happy fun imagination time for adults and yeah, I would agree it is important to have people there who know what the hell they're doing because it can become easy to get bogged down in the mechanics during combat.

Revanence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

I've always had fun when playing it. I find it's better with beer but a good GM is really the key. I'd love to play something like that online or something but I've never found a community I've enjoyed.

TheMonocleRogue

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hipster View Post
But I never get the chance to. I also don't want to be the teenager in a room of 30 year old. Is dnd fun?
It is, but only if you and your friends are willing to put time into it. So far the campaigns I've started have been semi-successful because a lot of us work and can't have a consistent day to play DnD on, or we'd much rather be doing something else.

The game itself is suitable for any kid above teenage years and the stories and epic encounters within the game itself are very worth the time. In fact my high school years wouldn't have been more fun if I hadn't been introduced my Sophomore year so I'd especially recommend playing.

Also if you're just starting out play 4th edition d&d, then go to 3.5 or d20 Pathfinder. There are guidebooks and player's manuals online so there's no need to buy the books.