Woohoo, I fail at math

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sailor Cosmos

03-27-2012

I got pretty fvcking good at Algebra 1 after repeating it three times.

Don't give me an equation now, though. I forget that shlt.

ChoppazAndDakka

03-27-2012

I am a HORRIBLE math student. I stopped at Algebra 2 in high school so I was done with math after my junior year, and it took me a few tries to get through Statistics in college. I can do basic math really well (my group mates in projects loved how I can work out changes in numbers as fast as I could rattle them off, like the rain man of addition, subtraction, and approximate percentages), but I can't for the life of me memorize equations or tell them apart.

JacobianMatrix

03-27-2012

Order:

Linear Alg. (undergrad)
Diff. Eq.
Multivariable Calc
Intro to Probability
Complex Variables
Discrete I and II
Statistics I and II
Numerical Analysis
Linear I and II (grad level)
Real Analysis I and II

and Im not done

Sailor Cosmos

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppazAndDakka View Post
I am a HORRIBLE math student. I stopped at Algebra 2 in high school so I was done with math after my junior year, and it took me a few tries to get through Statistics in college. I can do basic math really well (my group mates in projects loved how I can work out changes in numbers as fast as I could rattle them off, like the rain man of addition, subtraction, and approximate percentages), but I can't for the life of me memorize equations or tell them apart.
Yeah, you look like you're bad at math.

RIP Algebra

JacobianMatrix

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanence View Post
Thing I hate most about math is most things you learn in the book is rarely applicable to real life. I use basic algebra every day but as far as math goes, that's about it. I wish I could justify in my mind why spending so much money on this stuff in college is worth it.
Why do you think so much goddamn money was made through the derivatives market?

Answer: people SUCKED at math.

McFlugle

03-27-2012

Math is extremely important for many careers: engineering, science, finance to name a few. I hated it when people said "why do I need to learn "X type of math ill never use it in real life". If you all you can do is arithmetic you most likely have an insignificant job, though there are always exceptions to the rule.