Woohoo I got a $1.28 raise

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

03-27-2012

I'll stay here for awhile. I pretty much couldn't ask for a better job. I'm salaried. I can work the hours I want as long as they total 40 a week. My official duties are light but I'm given free reign to take on new projects at will that will benefit someone. I usually do a lot of Excel work to automate a lot of different people's daily work entry. When I started this job my daily duties took about 5 hours to complete. I've got that down to about 1 hour. I spend the rest of my time working on automation for other people. I'm paid incredibly well for my official duties but I'm underpaid for my actual duties. I don't mind the extra work though because otherwise I'd be sitting on my thumbs for 7 hours a day.

What would you like?

Raging Hipster

03-27-2012

You know, last week I got a raise of three dollars. My allowance is now $10 a week!

Elan Tedronai

03-27-2012

Man! $10 a week!? I got $2 when I was a kid. We were dirt poor though so $2 was like a gold mine for me.

Raging Hipster

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Man! $10 a week!? I got $2 when I was a kid. We were dirt poor though so $2 was like a gold mine for me.
Aaa. $10 is with it to me for doing stuff like taking trash out.

Sir Grimace

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hipster View Post
Aaa. $10 is with it to me for doing stuff like taking trash out.
When I was still at home, taking the trash out and doing house hold chores were expected and done at no expense to my parents. But kids these days are all lazy and entitled so I guess I can't expect that you'd do chores without pay.

Raging Hipster

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Grimace View Post
When I was still at home, taking the trash out and doing house hold chores were expected and done at no expense to my parents. But kids these days are all lazy and entitled so I guess I can't expect that you'd do chores without pay.
They randomly offered it. So free money.

Light LaserTower

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohana Sushi View Post
My parents sucked at getting me to do chores.
If I was your dad I would suck at allowing you to use the computer, .

bulbmin97

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hipster View Post
You know, last week I got a raise of three dollars. My allowance is now $10 a week!
Psh. I get 25 bucks a week. But that's just because I have so much school to do that my parents finally realized I don't have time for a job.

Sir Grimace

03-27-2012

Well evidently I have a different stance on this issue. The one time my brother and I were offered an allowance we both turned it down. Also, the concept of getting an allowance for being busy literally just made me facepalm.

poe tay toes

03-27-2012

i never got an allowance. chores (and i mean things like dusting, vacuuming, mowing the lawn) were just expected.

i started working as a soccer referee when i was 12 and saved money for 3-4 years so i could buy my first computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbmin97 View Post
Psh. I get 25 bucks a week. But that's just because I have so much school to do that my parents finally realized I don't have time for a job.
are you in high school or college? because there is no high school course load that doesn't leave time for a job.

123456 ... 7