Getting out of Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1stplaceAlways

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

Currently my Elo is just under 900 after an endless streak of players giving up, feeding because someone hurt their self-esteem, or leaving because their mom told them to get off the computer. I'm looking for someone to play with that is exceptionally good but is in the same position I'm in. I'm an amazing arena player from WoW (Hitting gladiator range in both seasons I tried) but I have come to terms with my prowess alone not being able to win an Xv5 as it is a team game. However, as everyone would agree, your odds of winning with with synergy in duo is dramatically higher. I've run out of patience in solo queue (I only just became determined to write this after having to dodge a team with a lulu seriously asking for me to play support for her, and an Evelynn insta-locking as jungle)..

If you managed to get through that block of text, thanks for the interest in duo'ing with me. I'm looking for someone who is equally skilled to me and was thrown into the same boat (or hell) that I'm in. I don't want anyone who responds to this expecting to be carried, and likewise, don't think you'll be carrying me.

Good things

• Confident in the position you play
  • Being adept at many characters
  • Able to communicate without whining (I don't care if we're bot and the jungle is an idiot, telling him "you're an idiot, gank bot" will make sure he doesn't gank bot)
  • Being in the right mindset - going into every game positive, being sure we'll win, knowing we'll probably be carrying 70-80% of the games but not whining that other players aren't good

Bad things
  • Making sure everyone always knows you're the best there (Especially if you aren't)
  • Trash talking (If you have time to trash talk anyone in the game, you have time to do something more useful)
  • Not knowing how to counter pick enemy choices
  • Giving up after an unsuccessful carry

If you agree with my good/bad 'things' lists message me in game or respond here with your two preferred roles (I.e. jungle and ad bot). I'll be complimenting your choice by matching the role with it's counterpart (I.e. If you AD bot, I'll support. If you jungle, I'll solo top).

"Warning" I'd prefer to use skype so obviously this requires you to have skype and a functional mic. However, players that breathe into their mic over skype really piss me off, so if you can't be/sound normal over skype I'll probably stop playing with you unless you can 1v5 CLG

JezzaFromAUS

03-27-2012

Just curious, how fair is it to be called Hell considering that with low Elo, your matches will be easier. Is there some reward I'm missing out on that high Elo players have?

Good luck with your search.

Unspoken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

"Unless you can 1v5 CLG"

Dr Stein

03-27-2012

I'm in your same position bro, trying to carry two teammates who have 10+ deaths. All the forums say the same thing, "If you can't carry your way out of ELO hell then you don't deserve to be out." It is simply not possible. Add me. I have Skype and Vent.
IGN:Zeratul AJB
Jungle is preferred but i can play any role, but i am best jungle.
ELO:950 or so.

SmileyLPhie

03-27-2012

I was in your position at 900 elo and I brought it up to almost 1400 elo with over 400 games played (so you can imagine how long it took). What you want to do is pick characters that make an immediate impact early game. Dominating mid usually gives your team a huge advantage cause if you are just steam rolling your opponent, you can easily run off to other lanes and gank. Being an effective jungler is also a very good advantage but the problem is your teammates need to know how to gank. Too many times I've been jungler at rock bottom ELO and they just stand there and wait for you to initiate, which leads to the enemy just flashing out or running away in time because the jungler can't do sufficient damage alone.

Most importantly, trash talking is a very good technique if used properly. If you trash talk after killing the laner, he will always try to kill you cause he wants the revenge. By timing your trash talking and having your jungler ready is very useful in getting a second consecutive kill.

Crustededge

03-27-2012

The first time i actually saw my elo i was already 1200 but I have been fluctuating between 1270 and 1370 for about 2 weeks now. My recommedation is that you are an important role if you want to win. Personally Ive started to find that playing soraka or a strong support class puts the entire game in your hands for the most part. If you are a good player this means youre going to win.

This morning i was in lane with a FAIL Vayne that had 1/2 the CS the tristana had on the other team and got us killed 3 times early on. We ended up wrecking them around the 25 minute mark because i was keeping everyone alive in team fights, silencing their carries, and trashing their MR with my Q.

Dont play Ranged AD or Jungle or Top. You rely a lot on other players in those positions. Take control of your ELO and help your team outplay scrubs.

JamesMiraj

03-27-2012

I have barely salvaged my elo to 1015. I was in the same position due to playing support and not being able to carry a full team. I usually prefer to support (CV and everything) but can fulfill any role in game. My familiarity with jungle gives me a pretty good feel for cv'ing their jungle which is essential to the game, in my opionion.

I've been looking for a good duo partner. Message me in game or on here.

Fleshpenant

03-27-2012

get over yourself, stop acting like everything is everybody elses fault but yours.
"I only just became determined to write this after having to dodge a team with a lulu seriously asking for me to play support for her"
that is a ridiculously childish thing to do. people like you are the worst sort, who think everything must be played exactly one way no exceptions. I've tried ad lulu, i scored an unofficial pentakill with her even though our sivir ragequit at level 4.
grow up and accept that its not everyone elses fault all the time

1stplaceAlways

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
get over yourself
No one cares that you can buy different items and make a build that doesn't suite original intended play

thegreatone9

03-28-2012

listen pals...are ur normal game wins positive?
if u cant make it atleast 20+ i dont see how u expect to win ranked games.
try and see whether u can carry normal games and afks. THEN TRY RANKED