Alright...gonna unlock my first 3150.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PorkWagon

08-04-2010

Hey guys. I first unlocked tf and was having fun with him at first (after getting my ass handed to me many times). But find myself running into situations and getting pawned super fast due to his squishyness. My play style is more "get in the action" high health but still can dish a bit of damage. I am still learning the game and not an excellent player by any means. A few champs im interested in are Heim (heard he was high health and semi simple to play),Udyr,Nunu...

I am also looking for someone who fams decently...any input would be cool. Thanks!

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-04-2010

I would really, really suggest not buying anyone until you have tried them. Its easy to regret champion purchases, and if you do not play too much it takes quite some time to get 3150. Take advantage of the free hero roatations and give everyone a try (not just the people you are interested in).

You'll be surprised by who you like, and you'll soon find someone who fits your play style really well. Just be patient and save up for someone you have tried and like, instead of buying on a whim and regretting it.

But I've got some suggestions as to where you can start looking for champions to try. Garen, Gragas, Malphite, Nasus, Mordekaiser, Olaf, Poppy, Sion, Udyr, and Xin Zhao are decent choices for what you seem to like, and are probably a good place to start trying people out. See if you really like one of those champions.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

Heim is not tough, he is a squishy caster. Heim is THE pusher/turtler/great farmer/and annoying piece of ****. In ranked is 98% of the times is banned. He is not easy to play, he requieres map awareness, has no escape mechanism, is squishy as hell IMO.

High Health does not mean "high survibality" you need to balance health and Armor (if the enemy team has phys carries) and Magic Resist (if the enemy team has annoying casters)

So, you could have 3k HP but without Mres even Ryze bot can pwn you.

My sugestions would be:

Taric: off-tank Healer, Armor aura, Spamable Stun, more healing and AD aura, easy to play (he is one of the best supporters maybe a little ahead of soraka, IMO) Great ganking too. Great survivability, can stay long time on the fray.

Nasus: Off-tank great farming, good DPS capabilities, built in lifesteal, one of the best slows in the game, great survivability. Good looking. Easy to play. Need proper last hit to feed his Q. Can solo dragon and buffs with ease. It helps in getting nashor too.

Shen: Tank (maybe the best tank a little ahead of Amumu) Eenergy system (no mana problems) AoE taunt, sort of nuke-healing thingy on low CD, hits hard to be a tank, has a shield in low CD. His R is Global ultimate that shields teammates and yourself AND teleports to your target (needs map awareness. You can turn the tides of ganks and save the carry) Typical shen teamplay:
-Activate shield
-Taunt the enemy team or the most dangerous enemy
-Attack
-Ult your carry.
-Attack
-Repeat.

Garen:
-Great lane staying power due to his passive, SIlence, spinny thing AoE damage, naturally tanky, you can add some sunfire capes. And a finisher ultimate that can deals a lot of damage. Somewhat Easy to play, great damage output. Brings a lot to teamfights. He is some kind of tank-dps

And maybe

Mordekaiser: He has no CC no stun, silence, no stun, no nothing. But is easy to play, easy to farm, great pusher, and really tough (a farmed Mordekaiser feels almost inmortal). Great damage output early game, can destroy squishies with his combo. Just spam your skills and stack armor/MR. In teamfights clever enemies will just ignore you.

You MUST see the guide of UnOfficial, he explains much better than me and he really knows what he is talking. Trust me.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=194210

PorkWagon

08-04-2010

Awesome reply guys....Collo I hear you on regretting a champion, I rushed into TF for my first unlock (couple days into the game) god was it hell haha. I will deffinately try a few people out. Zaf and ty for your post I also just read heim is banned in alot of ranked games. A friend told me he had "high survivabilty" I guess thats what I get for listening to another noob. I will take your guys' advice and try a couple more rounds of free champs to see if anything strikes my fancy. Just **** tempting to blow your ip on someone "cool". My biggest hurdle right now is figuring out what gear to use when I try new people. I feel totally lost. Plus respeccing for them! Ugh. Thanks guys.

::Btw that link is AWESOME! Just what I have been looking for. ty much.

Dongsy

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkWagon View Post
Hey guys. I first unlocked tf and was having fun with him at first (after getting my ass handed to me many times). But find myself running into situations and getting pawned super fast due to his squishyness. My play style is more "get in the action" high health but still can dish a bit of damage. I am still learning the game and not an excellent player by any means. A few champs im interested in are Heim (heard he was high health and semi simple to play),Udyr,Nunu...

I am also looking for someone who fams decently...any input would be cool. Thanks!
The champion you want is known as gragas.

He can tank
He can do damage
He can be inbetween doing both of those
He can initiate
He can fly away or into other people
His laning presence is fierce and people will hate you with your health/mana regen and barrel spamming.
His ult is baller.
He is generally baller, far more baller than all the other baller champs.

The world revolves around gragas.

outfoxxed

08-04-2010

well if you want right in the action try a tank. tanks initiate.

Mr Zafrada

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkWagon View Post
Awesome reply guys....Collo I hear you on regretting a champion, I rushed into TF for my first unlock (couple days into the game) god was it hell haha. I will deffinately try a few people out. Zaf and ty for your post I also just read heim is banned in alot of ranked games. A friend told me he had "high survivabilty" I guess thats what I get for listening to another noob. I will take your guys' advice and try a couple more rounds of free champs to see if anything strikes my fancy. Just **** tempting to blow your ip on someone "cool". My biggest hurdle right now is figuring out what gear to use when I try new people. I feel totally lost. Plus respeccing for them! Ugh. Thanks guys.

::Btw that link is AWESOME! Just what I have been looking for. ty much.

You need to check this out.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guides/

have fun. Try some champs in the rotations, you'll find something hawt.

Kungfengshui

08-04-2010

As others have said, try as many out as possible from the rotation before buying.

That being said, I highly recommend Nasus. He has a little of everything (toughness, damage, CC, push, great ulti) and is very fun to play.

Spruk

08-04-2010

Howdy. I'm a bit of an oddling when it comes to champs.

My 2 mains are:
Amumu - Tanking and a bit of damage make him pretty solid choice for being 'in the action'
Twisted Fate - Played him since i started playing (like you, and had the same issues :P),

Randomly Played:
Shen
Rammus
Panth
Mord
Soraka
Kayle

Other suggestions from what i've played:
Nasus - Great in all regards and ive had a well played Nasus carry our team on a bad night to victory
Gragas - I love to hate Gragas, he is just great if you have the patience to practice with him! I have seen so many gragas completely decimate me and my team too
Garen - A team mate of mine recently picked him up, and he plays him tanky and yeah hes pretty good
Cho'Gath - Takes a bit of getting used too, but once you are there and noming on the enemy hes pretty fun.
Shen - Hes a tank, so if you want to see large numbers this guy isnt for you, but will give MASSIVE survivability and utility tho.
Mord - He is pretty tanky, but kinda weird to play, but works quite well and farms well too

Could go either way:
Panth - Hes all about timing, you gotta get the stun+HSS combo just right :/
Warwick - Could go either way too.
As a new player champions to avoid (due to difficulty, or getting focus'd or im just bad :P)
Jaxx - He's pretty good if you practice with him, and ive seen some good jaxx's but ive seen more really bad ones
Master Yi - Great if you can play him, pushes well but can be squishy

As for hiemer - if you want to be in the fight hiemer is built with cardboard and bad sticky tape, he can push like no else but once the other team gets a hold of you its good night and bye bye :/

Shameless Twisted Fate Plug :P

If you want to keep playing TF, there's a few things you need to think about:
PreGame - Ignite (Always handy for killing a runner) + Ghost (Always good for running :P)
1. TF is all about being a bit of a bottom feeder at the start, meaning take advantage of your enemies mistakes, punish them for being in your lane (doesn't mean kill them, just deny them gold by knocking them down to low HP, if they try to last hit again, just stun and auto attack, or if you can safely kill them do it, just dont 'run in' or tower dive for the kills isn't great :/)

2. Mid game (Gank phase), use your ulti to YOUR advantage, you think someones in the jungle that might be low HP, Destiny, find them check their HP gate into the nearest bush (so they dont see you, and think you went elsewhere) gold card and slaughter them

3. Late game (team fights) stay out of range, drop in golds or red cards (if they are bunched up), use wild cards to your advantage also (they have a longer range etc), grab a frozen mallet for the HP + AD

4. Runes - You can gimp yourself a little, but i run with Flat Attack speed, Flat health & Cooldown/level runes and flat HP qunits. This just gives me a little more survivability during the laning phase :P

Items - Go for an Attack speed / AP / AD (Hybrid) build means if the enemy stacks armor your Stacked deck hurts more, your PaC hurts more, your wild cards hurt. IF they stack Magic resist, means your auto attacks hurt, but it means you will have to use golds to keep them in place >.< or swap out some AP items for AD items.

The problem with TF is - if you leave him be and get nice and fed, he is almost unstoppable, so you will always get focused if you are up against an organized team :/, like any carry really :/

Hope this helps, or if you want some in game help chuck me on your friends list

Spruk

08-05-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...in-depth.xhtml

As requested, the league craft TF guide until you get a chance to test out Nasus or Taric (or Gragas :P)