Blizzard Sues Valve for Confusing customers...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KOREAN DAVE

Senior Member

03-26-2012

Bottom line: Eul or Icefrog own the IP to Dota, they both work at Valve.

EULAs will NOT hold up in court, especially in a case like this, in which Valve has gone a long way to avoid any copyright infringement with character design, etc, etc.

Blizzard has no case whatsoever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrouge

Senior Member

03-26-2012

All I see are people who have no idea how trademarking law works. To put it simply, Blizzard's EULA is not going to hold up very well in court.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
All I see are people who have no idea how trademarking law works. To put it simply, Blizzard's EULA is not going to hold up very well in court.
you're probably among them, because Blizzard's eula is IRRELEVANT to a trademark issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Upparoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-26-2012

Warcraft 1-3=/=WoW


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrouge

Senior Member

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
you're probably among them, because Blizzard's eula is IRRELEVANT to a trademark issue
Blizzard doesn't have a very convincing case either way. Dota belongs to the community? Bull **** and they know it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
Blizzard doesn't have a very convincing case either way. Dota belongs to the community? Bull **** and they know it.
They don't even make that claim anywhere in their complaint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2012

I will laugh really, REALLY hard when Valve isnt allowed to call thier game Dota 2....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Are you illiterate or just dense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
your argument is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
The problem is, you idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemianParody View Post
To all the idiots who think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
amuse me that idiots are too stupid to realize
It's like I stepped into a room of raging 5 year olds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohan

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
It's like I stepped into a room of raging 5 year olds.
My thoughts exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
It's like I stepped into a room of raging 5 year olds.
/shrug.

his argument was stupid.