Jarvin, The forgotten tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akai Kurayami

03-27-2012

Jarvan's.... a tank? Whut?

JappersMcJappers

03-29-2012

Frozen Mallet or Tri-force are must haves for Jarvan

Vigoor

03-29-2012

He's probably the tankiest tanky-dps in the game right now, and if you actually get lategame with him (atmogs + trifore) you will be one of the hardest things to kill on the planet, and beat the **** out of anything that actually has the balls to attack you

What is it with people making threads like "Champion, the forgotten role" as if they're bad these days

SaltPoetry

03-29-2012

Merc Treads
Youmuu's
Triforce
Warmogs
Force of Nature
Atmas

Game usually never will go late enough to be fully built but i can dream right?

1 800 SOLO QUEUE

03-29-2012

I play J4 tanky dps and it works just fine. Past 4 ranked games with him have been 12/6/22, 9/2/8, 4/4/7, 11/6/15 with 3 wins 1 loss. In the one I lost I was forced to share bot lane instead of soloing top.

My core build is pretty straight forward:

Dorans shield -> Mercs -> Phage -> Neg Cloak or Catalyst -> finish Banshees -> finish Mallet -> Atmas

This build focuses on MR earlier simply because he has demacian standard to compensate for armor till later on.

22/7/1 masteries because I feel like he's tanky enough early game to afford that extra damage. I take a standard AD setup in offense except I put nothing in nothing in Vampirism and 4 points in Sorcery. In the Defensive tree I take 2 Resistance, 2 Hardiness and 3 in Vigor. 1 Point in the Utility tree for the improved Flash.

I take Flash/Ignite for my spells and the reason for not taking teleport is because J4 can just sit in lane and last hit with his passive for ages before going back

For runes I've been kinda fooling with different set-ups lately but I feel like AD or ArP marks, Flat Armor seals, Flat MR glyphs and ArP Quints has worked best so far. I like a super tanky early game with the ability to do a decent amount of damage.

Keep in mind this is not a definitive build and I'm not trying to say this is the best. This is just a build I've come up with in my exploits as J4 and it works for me.

Approximate Stat values at lvl18 with just the core build and assuming you've sold DS. (2 vacant item slots)

Health: 3115

Health Regen: 23

Armor: 130

Magic Resist: 145

AD: 200 (22% crit)

Murlocomann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

WTB more skill less Fratma's/Atmog's!

1 800 SOLO QUEUE

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocomann View Post
So you would cripple a build because it works too well?

Quenthal

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocomann View Post
In what universe does it take more skill to buy one item over another?

Hussarlance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

I find myself using Atmogs because it is pretty good, but I admit I find using this same build on everyone is somewhat boring. How do you beat someone building Atmogs?

Sogreth

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lack702 View Post
Jarvin, yes is a tanky dps. However his kit if used right is just simply amazing at making people go "oohh sh*t, flash" So he is a tank in the fact that he majorly disrupts the enemy team and can take a heck of a lot of damage.
"majorly disrupts" doesn't make someone a tank, it's also something supports do, like Janna and Lulu for example. Just because someone can disrupt a lot doesn't make them a tank. "oh look! new meta! Morgana and Lux tanks! They can disrupt a lot, they MUST be tanks"