Counters to Veigar 1v1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DogDaysAreOgre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-26-2012

Strong pushers are pretty good, as he needs Q farm to become a real threat. Morde and Sion are decent counters as they can clear waves fast and have shields for mitigating a portion of his burst.

SLyF0X

03-26-2012

fizz poops on veigar it's not even funny

veigar is all stun. If he misses that e he is absolutely done. Fizz is supposed to have a rough time in lane, he's balanced around that. Against veigar he free farms. Additionally he wont be bursted after he builds mercs and ganks wont be successful either.

iDerp Solo

03-26-2012

Anyone with a spammable flash can get away from the stun, and therefore get away from his burst.

stàr

03-29-2012

fizz rapes veigar, with merc treads and e and q he can dodge the stun easily, his burst can destroy veigar if he lands r and he is able to dodge veigars r with e.

Ur little sister

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrencore View Post
I think Katarina can counter him pretty easy.
If he casts stun and Kat teleports and ults, Veigar is a gonner.

Source: Personal Experience QQ
Hint: save your stun for when she shunpos

As for countering veigar: not getting stunned is a better tactic than "countering after getting stunned".
I only see Gangplank do the latter.
As for the first: Fizz would be insane.

Lemon Shakeup

07-11-2012

I found success with Malphite. I built straight into a wardens mail into abysall scepter and found the lane easy with maxing my Q first.

Kyrim

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Sassycat View Post
A skilled Veigar will beat any of the counters people mention, especially le blanc or morgana. There are two reasons why a Veigar would lose mid and only 2. One, is if the jungler ganks early and continuously. Babysit the lane with a mid who can lock down veigar with cc and you can kill him early. Continuously killing him will stop him from farming and getting gold, effectively making him completely useless. The only other way you beat him is by pushing harder than he can early on while he is still weak and ganking. If a mid can help bot or top win and get a few kills under their belt they can shut down the rest of Veigar's team. Because Veigar is so small he has trouble carrying heavy things. He needs to be REALLY fed to completely carry a team, because of the assassin nature of his skills.

So basically nothing mid counters Veigar. Junglers counter him and bad teammates counter him. People might disregard this notion just because my ELO isn't very high but anyone can agree with the following. His stun is OP and as with any skillshot (yes, it is a skillshot) the more skill a player has the better the effect. Its because of this stun that Veigar is so strong.

Just my two cents, anyways.
I completely agree with this statement. I feel sorry for the fact that it has received so many downvotes, people just do it because you said he is un-counterable, which is true for any champion in league. If you legitimately master, like completely MASTER a champion, you should have no counters. You know what your weaknesses are and how other "counters" capitalize on it, therefore making you avoid said weaknesses. Champions may "counter" you, but if you are good enough; you can work around them and still end up winning due to your knowledge of your particular champion.

Cloakedbug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

As a main veigar with 63% win ratio over 67 games, I can easily state that ryze does NOT, DOES NOT, REPEAT DOES NOT counter veigar. At all. All the veigar has to do is poke with his q, while saving stun. It pokes harder than ryze's, and the instant ryze decides to cage veigar STUN HIM (the cage cast animation stops ryze from walking, and guarantees an easy stun), drop meteor, and walk away from the rest of ryze's combo. rinse and repeat. You will win every trade.

As far as Veigars ult, have any of you actually LOOKED at its base damage? It doesn't need an opponent to have any AP at all for it to be decisively powerful. At lvl 1 it does 250 damage plus a whopping 1.2 ratio.

futuresight23

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloakedbug View Post
As a main veigar with 63% win ratio over 67 games, I can easily state that ryze does NOT, DOES NOT, REPEAT DOES NOT counter veigar. At all. All the veigar has to do is poke with his q, while saving stun. It pokes harder than ryze's, and the instant ryze decides to cage veigar STUN HIM (the cage cast animation stops ryze from walking, and guarantees an easy stun), drop meteor, and walk away from the rest of ryze's combo. rinse and repeat. You will win every trade.

As far as Veigars ult, have any of you actually LOOKED at its base damage? It doesn't need an opponent to have any AP at all for it to be decisively powerful. At lvl 1 it does 250 damage plus a whopping 1.2 ratio.
Wouldn't using Veigar's Q to poke at Ryze hinder Veigar's ability to farm himself up for the late game? This is just a gut feeling but as tanky as Ryze builds, I'm not sure that Veigar will be able to burst down Ryze late game all things being equal.

Guessing AP assassins that can close the gap on Veigar like Katarina, Akali, Diana, Fizz can devastate him. That stun ring isn't the easiest thing in the world to land which would mean without a lot of practice with the spell the likely outcome is a one way trip to the graveyard.

powwder

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrim View Post
I completely agree with this statement. I feel sorry for the fact that it has received so many downvotes, people just do it because you said he is un-counterable, which is true for any champion in league. If you legitimately master, like completely MASTER a champion, you should have no counters. You know what your weaknesses are and how other "counters" capitalize on it, therefore making you avoid said weaknesses. Champions may "counter" you, but if you are good enough; you can work around them and still end up winning due to your knowledge of your particular champion.

that doesn't necessary mean he has no counter. they say counter because the champion has a legitimate weakness that needs to be addressed. by mastering your character you can learn how to deal with the weakness but in the end its still there.

what happens when your opponent is just as good as you and a true legit MASTER of his character like you are? what you are talking about is skill level not straight champion counters. if you are more skilled than the person your playing then yes he will not counter you but if you are both on equal footing, i'm sorry my friend you will lose.

i'll use veigar as an example, his gameplay is based on how well he can land his stun and unload his full combo. he is a burst champion period. that is a weakness. his strength is he can nuke someone from 100-0 instantly but he has to hit all his spells to do it and he will be useless for a few seconds after that burst. i don;t care how good you are, that weakness will remain no matter what. now a legit MASTER will land his stun more often, he will be in a better position after his burst so hes not gonna get killed, and he knows his opponents abilities so he can predict to a degree what will happen next, but in the end that weakness is still there, just the masters compensates for it to a degree with his skill.

the flip side is the counter lets say fizz.....if he is a legit MASTER as well he should know how to handle veigar. in the case both are equally skilled fizz wins because he has a way to nulify veigars strong points and capitalize on his weakness by bouncing over his stun and survivng his burst.

and that my friend is why people say fizz is a counter to veigar.....nothing to do with skill and being a master, its just one champion has skills that nullify anotehr champions strengths or capitolize on their weaknesses.