Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counters to Veigar 1v1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palmerfan

03-25-2012

I have loved playing Veigar lately, but I have a question. Can he be countered out of his full burst in a 1v1? Coupled with ignite, it seems to be able to even kill tanky supports.

ExecutionerK

03-25-2012

3 Types of people that can counter Veigar

1. Shut him down from early game, the obvious one
2. Anyone who can avoid getting stun will be able to counter his full burst (No dark matter, huge damage cut)
3. You burst Veigar fast

So in the end, Leblanc, Kass, Galio, Ryze (Due to Banshee as a core build and no AP), Morgana, Cassiopedia are all strong picks against Veigar

BrokeTheCode

03-25-2012

ryze

Vrencore

03-25-2012

I think Katarina can counter him pretty easy.
If he casts stun and Kat teleports and ults, Veigar is a gonner.

Source: Personal Experience QQ

Nothcliff

03-25-2012

Ryze is basically anti-Veigar. Anytime a veigar is picked and the other team hasn't claimed a mid yet, there will be a Ryze.

FaerellG

03-25-2012

Ryze, Kat, and Talon all screw up Veigar's day pretty well.

LeBlanc would probably also work in that she can shut him down early game and prevent him from farming up his Q.

ByakuyaYO

03-25-2012

I've always crushed Veigar as Kat, but I suspect a skilled one could still get me.

Ryze is an easy fix, like erryone says

I've also bursted him out on Leblanc, shut him out of mid pretty hard which ruins Veigar as you know.

http://rpgindex.blogspot.co.uk/

Directw

03-25-2012

I think Sivir is a good counter too. Her spell shield can block veig's stun easily.

DMPuffy

03-26-2012

Talon with a QSS.

Cenerae

03-26-2012

Late game you either need to ambush him, or burst him before he can burst you. A QSS can help.

Early game it shouldn't be too hard to shut him down as his laning is quite weak.