Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wounded [Katarina x Ashe]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silver of Souls

01-20-2013

Quote:
AeroStrike:
What I've read is pretty good so far but my only nitpick is that she does have actual swords to fight with, she only uses knives/daggers with her ult, it's really odd imaging her using knives for normal fights lol

I do see what you're saying. The reason I ended up going with the wording that I did is because I watched her fight in the game and decided how I wanted to describe her style. The twin blades she uses are longer than what is usually considered a dagger or knife, but still, a bit shorter than what is usually considered a sword. To be honest, at first I struggled with what to call them. In a previous draft I did refer to them as swords, but when I re-read it, I ended up changing that because, to me, it sounded wrong. One reason is I don't consider her a 'swordsman' in the way that, say, Fiora, Yi, or even Tryndamere are. I watched her fight style, abilities and basic attacks, and she seemed to handle them more like knives to me. The word 'sword' conjured movements and a style that didn't seem to fit with her. I don't always specify the size of a blade that she's using at a given moment, but I usually do refer to the bigger ones as 'blades,' which is length nonspecific, or 'knives,' which they do resemble, and I typically reserve 'daggers' for the smaller ones. (Also, in her description of Death Lotus, it does use the word 'daggers' when describing the ability, and that certainly fits in visually with her Q and W abilities. It also makes a lot more sense - she doesn't start throwing around big swords suddenly. Granted, it's been awhile since I've had to read the ability descriptions and she's had some changes, so don't kill me if this is now outdated, ha. I would look up the current descriptions, but I'm on my phone.)
This explanation might not be completely satisfying, but I wanted to address it, as it's something I myself thought a lot about, and try to explain my thought process. Ultimately, I went with the wording that I did because it seemed, to me, the most fitting for her character and fight style.
Thanks for the comments!

AeroStrike

01-21-2013

Fair enough! I'll just imagine it from what I see the ingame version do XD

Although for her W skill, having all four of her swords spin around her does make more sense to me :x

KobuZero

01-22-2013

It took me a long time to find a proper way to express my reaction to the last chapter. Here it is. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/feelings.gif

Silver of Souls

01-23-2013

Quote:
KobuZero:
It took me a long time to find a proper way to express my reaction to the last chapter. Here it is. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/feelings.gif

I would say I'm sorry, but that would be a lie.

Sarpon

01-24-2013

A great creation, cant wait to read the next chapter. Bump for more!

Saber EX

01-31-2013

Look away for awhile, and stories start falling off the front page. We can't have that~

GhostL3G

01-31-2013

Been reading since first post amazing work Silver
the suspense is killing me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KobuZero

01-31-2013

Quote:
GhostL3G:
Been reading since first post amazing work Silver
the suspense is killing me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've been reading since I found this amazing story on fanfiction.net, and have been contributing art to go along with it since chapter 5. I agree, the suspense is a killer, but it's always worth the wait.

Eyowyn

01-31-2013

Oh, gosh, have at each other already!

Silver of Souls

02-04-2013

Thanks to all of you guys, I really appreciate it :]

I should warn you now that the next chapter will be delayed due to school and personal stuff. No ETA yet, but I'll keep ya'll posted.