Sejuani needs help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keepsake66

01-16-2014

Now, i know it had been a while since i played my last sejuani game in the jungle until i played one last night, but I'm noticing some really big issues with her that i really don't think were the result of my having not played her in a while.

With my knowledge of this champion, I understand sejuani to be one of those champions that really needs to farm and get levels and items in order to gank successfully and be a factor. But the problem is, her abilities are so weak compared to the strength of the jungle creeps now that she can't even clear wolves in a timely manner without help. Her w just does next to nothing to the jungle and, this being her primary creep clearing tool, seems to me to me to be a huge hinderance. Because of this, sej hits her levels a lot slower than other champions, which allows for heavy counterjungling that, because of her weak early game, sej can't really fend off. This sets her very far behind without the ability to come back (especially with the nerd to sun fire cape). She just needs help right now. A lot of help.

Projectflipmode

01-16-2014

I used to main Sej jungle all the time. I am one of the few people on the planet who actually preferred Sej pre-rework. The first thing I can tell you is that unfortunately she isn't played enough to see anyone care or respond in these forms.

Back to topic, I think Sej is a mostly balanced champion and if played right her ult combo can be a game changer in late game much like ammu's can. However one thing she has suffered since the re-work is a very extremely slow and painful clear time in the jungle. This can be countered by ganking more often, yes her lvl 6 gank is strong but her lvl 3+ ganks are also effective. Knockup+slow.

Here is what changed. Spirtstone in the last patch. Before her low dmg and slow clear speed could be negated with the passive health and mana regen she would gain moving between camps and moving to lane for a gank. With her extremely low dmg she gets almost nothing back from the new spirit stone passive and takes so much dmg trying to clear the waves that early ganks are next to impossible. I have since moved to fast clear jungles since riot seems to be favoring them. For me most tanky low dmg jungles are dead in the water right now. Maybe it's part of their ploy to make games shorter, by removing a jungle tank and replacing it with a bruiser/assassin jungle.

The All Tomato

01-16-2014

I haven't played Sejuani on the 4.1 patch yet, but I agree that her early game is weak. However, due to the sheer power of her mid and late game, I feel she is still fairly balanced. Here are some things that can improve your early game:

-Let your teammates know that your early game is weak, and that you may need help and cooperation countering invades.
-Ward! Play smarter than your opponent. Know your vulnerabilities and predict where the enemy may try to exploit those. If you spot the enemy coming and can't fight, back off and go farm something else. You may lose some gold and experience, but you will lose much less (and give the enemy less) than if you waste time fighting and dying.
-Try flat health runes to improve your early W damage and tankiness. I haven't tried this yet, so let me know if it's awesome!

Projectflipmode

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The All Tomato View Post
I haven't played Sejuani on the 4.1 patch yet, but I agree that her early game is weak. However, due to the sheer power of her mid and late game, I feel she is still fairly balanced. Here are some things that can improve your early game:
Agreed and you gave some good tips. Thanks for being helpful. However with the new jungle item change she it so bad early game that getting to mid game is near impossible. I mean if you had a bad leash on blue you will have to go B before crossing over to the red-side because of how much dmg you took from the blue side's camps. She needs either faster clear speed or to take less dmg while clearing. Because her low dps due to high utility and combination of jungle changes have really killed her pre lvl 4. All of the low dmg tanks took a hit with the jungle item change, but i think Sej was hit the worst.

But high dmg champs got a nice buff from it like, lee-sin, yi, wu-kong so I am going with the crowd and moving to high dmg jungles, because riot basically killed off the low dmg jungles with the latest change.

CoolSpot2

01-16-2014

I agree that sejuani is a bit week now . Make sure you run like 7.5+ cooldown on her or her jungle clear is too slow .

MortonSaltBoy

01-16-2014

Honestly i have no real issues with her. She's got a slow clear time sure, but her teamfight is terrifying and her pre 6 ganks can be very strong too especially if you have good cc or high damage in your lanes.

I find taking the second blue on her really helps her out.

The All Tomato

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectflipmode View Post
Agreed and you gave some good tips. Thanks for being helpful. However with the new jungle item change she it so bad early game that getting to mid game is near impossible. I mean if you had a bad leash on blue you will have to go B before crossing over to the red-side because of how much dmg you took from the blue side's camps. She needs either faster clear speed or to take less dmg while clearing. Because her low dps due to high utility and combination of jungle changes have really killed her pre lvl 4. All of the low dmg tanks took a hit with the jungle item change, but i think Sej was hit the worst.

But high dmg champs got a nice buff from it like, lee-sin, yi, wu-kong so I am going with the crowd and moving to high dmg jungles, because riot basically killed off the low dmg jungles with the latest change.
This makes complete sense and is really sad to hear I will have to try it out myself.

iDarkside

01-16-2014

The only thing that needs to be done right now is MASSIVELY nerfing annie. Sej buffs can wait.