A Yorick idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3Gu35T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2011

sorry if this idea was already brought up. hadn't seen it in the build guides so it's either not been thought of or just doesn't work, idk lol.

my idea makes him more of an explosive carry. so he does more dmg when his minions out, and their dmg is based on your AD. so i was thinking why not make a build with primarily AD and CDR items, with AS to supplement these? i've only been playing for about a month so i'm not sure which items have the best synergy with others, but these are the items i came up with to accomplish this goal, and not necessarily in this order, mind you:

Manamune - nuff said
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - good early CDR
Nashor's Tooth - good AS+, good AP+ to aid ur madred and great CDR
Infinity Edge - a good boost for u and ur minions
Frozen Mallet - to help ur focus
Madred's Bloodrazor - for the little extra dmg

i'm sure this isn't the best way to get this idea to work, but as i said i follow build, not make them (but you gotta start somewhere). any thoughts would be appreciated. i should also mention i haven't even played him yet, but i keep hearing people say he sucks. i refuse to believe that.

Mystgan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Gu35T View Post
my idea makes him more of an explosive carry.
If by explosive you mean blow up when people attack him coz he will be squishy and have no resistances, then yes.

Th3Gu35T

Recruiter

06-28-2011

right on, so you're good at pointing out obvious faults. i said this probably wasn't the best way to do this, i'm just trying to bring up the idea.

do you have any suggestions? keep in mind this is supposed to be leaning towards a nuker, NOT a tank. most people i see keep saying he sucks, but no one is trying anything new.

and the lack of resistances can be accounted for in the runes, but i know little to nothing of properly building on those.

Th3Gu35T

Recruiter

06-28-2011

i mean think about it, what tanking skills does he have, a slow? a temp revive? no cc, no taunt, not even a real soft taunt. i mean i guess you could consider his minions as cc cause you can have them atk different ppl, but then you're not realizing the true dmg potential he has. stacking everything on 1 champ could do a lot of dmg. he just seems like a better power house then a tank.

Mystgan

06-28-2011

1st did you even check what his skills scale on?
Nashors Tooth? none of his ability's scale off AP
His ghosts dmg and hp scale off Yoricks own health and dmg, 2 of his ghosts get aditional scaling based on bonus AD.

My build for Yorick would be something like
Merc Threads
Atma's
Sunfire Cape
Banshee's Veil
Warmogs
Frozen Mallet (could be swapped with trinity force for more attack speed/move spd and the sheen buff)

Gives you good hp, decent resistance and good dmg from the atmas and mallet

Th3Gu35T

Recruiter

06-28-2011

i'm sure you're probably right. like i said, i haven't even played him yet and i've also never tried to make a build for someone, so if i fail at it this time it wouldn't surprise me lol.

i knew nashor wasn't the best choice, but it has the best CDr and fairly decent AD. and some of his abilities do dmg based off his magic, i was assuming that meant AP. but i wasn't focusing on that.

Powerstoned

06-28-2011

Nashor's tooth takes too long to build and doesn't offer enough benefit for him, because 1) I don't think anyone wants to build one before they'd build a manamune in the same build and 2) building it as a 4th-6th item and you're reaching late game where it's benefits are even more reduced.

So if you've built a Manamune, some boots, and a Nashor's, you're 30+minutes into your average game, when the majority of games are already over and you're hardly any stronger.