Leaver Levels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranchodas C

03-24-2012

I heard that your leaver level will go down as you play more games without leaving, cause I got a Level1 warning penalty. How many games does it take to lower your level? I certainly don't want to get banned.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-24-2012

There's no exact data on how many it takes to lower your level, and you don't find out when you've gone down levels, only up. This is to prevent people from trying to toe the line and leave just few enough games so as to not get punished. You shouldn't be thinking 'when can I leave my next game,' you try to leave as little as possible and hope it wasn't too much.

Ranchodas C

03-24-2012

I only left two games, that was because my parents thought it was late and forced me to sleep

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-24-2012

While unfortunate, that's something that can be prevented. Talk to your parents before you start a game if you think it's getting pseudo-late. Let them know the game might take up to an hour, and in rare cases exceed that a bit. Be willing to lose out on something if the game happens to run later than you had thought. (Give up an hour of computer time the next day for instance.)

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

I think re-joining the games should count in your favor against games left. I've only ever left games when the game itself was glitched or crashed on me, and then I came right back once I fixed the issue. Yet I still got the Lv1 Leaver business.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-24-2012

Time spent idle (whether through disconnects, leaves, or time spent afk) adds up, and essentially counts as 'partial leaves.' When the server is unstable, no leaves or time spent idle count towards leaver levels. Keep in mind that many times when the 'game crashes,' it's still an issue on your end or somewhere in between (ISP/connections).

For more information:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=468889

Manner Pylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
I think re-joining the games should count in your favor against games left. I've only ever left games when the game itself was glitched or crashed on me, and then I came right back once I fixed the issue. Yet I still got the Lv1 Leaver business.
Evidence seems to show that in the event of a rejoin, you get a partial leave recorded, which is worth less than if you leave a game entirely. Whether or not the amount of time into the game before you leave matters is unclear, but certainly rejoining is less likely to get you busted. Repeated partial leaves will still result in a ban of course, but then again, if you are suffering recurring problems (glitches, crashes, latency) you should not be playing and ruining the game for others until it is solved, so that is understandable.

TheSkruffles

04-02-2012

What should be done in my case, I really enjoy playing League but as a paid on call Firefighter/ Emt, I cannot always finish games due to a Call. Now to help compensate for the potential call we may get I play mostly 3v3 so the games are shorter. However I have been given a 3 day ban and leaver level of 3 since I must leave for runs as soon as they get toned out. I find that the leave rbuster is rather harsh in my undesirable circumstances.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-02-2012

You need to figure out when you're the least likely to get called. Are there any patterns as to when they call you over someone else who is on call? Maybe playing a game or two just after your shift (or shortly after you wake up) is the way to go. I don't know your exact situation, but try to find something that works for you. I went through a period of being almost on call - typically to fill in needed shifts - last summer, so I made sure I didn't start games around when shift changes were. Of course this won't apply directly to you, but hopefully you get the idea.

TwistWrist

04-02-2012

Not everyone can play every game.