Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxialis Rex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Definitely worth a bump.

Paul

03-29-2012

I don't really play high level dominion anymore but I feel you really underrate a lot of really good champions or you just failed to mention them. I'd imagine it's probably because there are "meta" champions at high level though

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I don't really play high level dominion anymore but I feel you really underrate a lot of really good champions or you just failed to mention them. I'd imagine it's probably because there are "meta" champions at high level though
Which champions do you feel should have been mentioned?

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Sauron, what heroes do you consider truly OP on Dominion? As of right now, the only two I really consider broken and incredibly hard to counter are Kassadin and Poppy. The others can be countered somewhat, making them simply strong and not gamebreakingly overpowered. Exec/QSS > WW, Detection + Positioning > Wukong, Last Whisper/Void/QSS > Rammus, etc etc.
The four must-bans that I listed. Rammus I consider the most OP because of his ability to shut down virtually anyone and be anywhere on the map at all times. Got LW and tons of life steal? Yeah, he'll just go for someone else. A good Rammus is all over the place.

I don't go by win/loss statistics, I go by personal experience. Kassadin for example only has a 50% win/loss, but that's all Elos combined. Kassadin wins something more like 70% of high Elo matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If you're talking about the "role examples" I only wanted to list a few per role. For the second post, I'm only looking at champions people misjudge (incomplete list). For the bottom lane section, I only wanted to list frequencies. So, I don't really know what you mean by underrate.

All champions are viable in Dominion, some moreso than others since they were all designed around SR.

Rebonack

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
but what about when he has cleanse?

@sauron: wonderful guide!
Especially if he has Cleanse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
I don't go by win/loss statistics, I go by personal experience. Kassadin for example only has a 50% win/loss, but that's all Elos combined. Kassadin wins something more like 70% of high Elo matches.
With a bit of fiddling you can get League of Stats to give you the aggregated statistics for Kass at 1800+ Elo games. With that filter in mind he's got one of the highest win-rates of any champ in Dominion. Though Janna apparently beats him out. Because JANNA!

Might just be some weird statistical hiccup. Like Galio being at the top of the list. As with any aggregated stats they should be taken with a grain of salt.

Sauron

03-29-2012

One time I was playing AP Yi and I was escaping a gank with my ult and three people exhausted me.

Like, come on.

Rebonack

03-29-2012

In reading the opening post again I was somewhat surprised to find out that other people have been referring to Wolfy as 'Derpwick' as well.

Though I suppose in retrospect it shouldn't come as much of a shock.

Herpaderpaderp

Fox P McCloud

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
morde, yes, but not tf. tf's p.a.c. doesn't convert the proc to magic damage.
Supposed to though =/

Grantson

03-29-2012

Yeah exhaust really is the all-purpose 1 push button unless you have cleanse of some sort.

Glad you added the Sona sheen/tank aura in your guide. So many people build Sona like a AP glass cannon and the community has a minor bias that she's a not a good pick in dominion because of her reputation as a squishy healer from SR when she doesn't have gold to buy her items.

inFe eD

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
The four must-bans that I listed. Rammus I consider the most OP because of his ability to shut down virtually anyone and be anywhere on the map at all times. Got LW and tons of life steal? Yeah, he'll just go for someone else. A good Rammus is all over the place.

Just curious, who plays a powerful Rammus at high elo? I'd love to see a replay or VOD of some sort, because the Rammuses I generally see are longtime residents of Derpville.