Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

03-28-2012

I can't read this right now, but I'm definitely going to read this soon to brush up on my Dominion play. This guide is organized beautifully!

+1

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
last whisper slightly devalues the effectiveness of flat armor penetration, and picking up sorc shoes slightly increases the effectiveness of the m.pen you get from d.pen runes. both of those combined can make d.pen runes worth picking up (over going pure a.pen) if you know the opposing team will likely stack armor and ignore magic resist. depending on the champ, of course.
The thing is, damage increase from penetration is exponential so the 31.68% reduction to the efficiency of flat pen due to buying LW with 21 offense isn't that noticeable. They continue to serve their purpose: do tons of damage to anyone who doesn't buy defense early on. Since % are multiplicative, MPen is devalued slightly less than ArPen when you buy Void versus LW.

Destruction runes have their place for champions that deal both types of damage -- I just wish Lich Bane dealt magic damage.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-29-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I just wish Lich Bane dealt magic damage.
play poppy.

AbsolutePK

03-29-2012

If I build a Lich's Bane it's usually on Lux.

Rushing it on Annie for kicks though can be hilarious, Deathcap+Lich's Bane is funny stuff.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
play poppy.
Or Morde, or TF, unless I'm mistaken.

GrignardTS

03-29-2012

I really hate how Lichbane does phy damage too. Makes no sense.

jokull

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Interesting, whenever I use Ezreal's ult, it is just as a team fight starts so I have full stacks of the passive without having to burn my W -- get to save that in case a tanky derps decides to focus me. Of course, I'll W right away and then save the R if we have lots of autoattackers; but we usually don't. In both situations, I'd choose to go straight ArPen over dual because penetration becomes exponentially more effective the more you have of it right up until it reaches the target's current armor, and you're having to fight against natural armor gains per level.

Ezreal's ult will often appear invisible to enemies when fired at them from across the map, so its not like using as an execution or cap-stopper is bad. I've actually seen AP Ezreal do well the few times I've seen him played on Dom, but AP Ez players are simply very rare to come by.
ap ez players. teaching the world that just because you say so, doesnt mean its true. ap ez viability is still fine since you dont have the problem he shares with people such as kassadin in that his farming is almost impossible unless you can just last hit perfectly the whole laning phase. dominion is luvverly because we no longer have that problem, although his core build is still pretty far down the line compared to most casters since you need both ap, cdr, and lich bane before your damage shoots up

inFe eD

03-29-2012

Sauron, what heroes do you consider truly OP on Dominion? As of right now, the only two I really consider broken and incredibly hard to counter are Kassadin and Poppy. The others can be countered somewhat, making them simply strong and not gamebreakingly overpowered. Exec/QSS > WW, Detection + Positioning > Wukong, Last Whisper/Void/QSS > Rammus, etc etc.

GrignardTS

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Sauron, what heroes do you consider truly OP on Dominion? As of right now, the only two I really consider broken and incredibly hard to counter are Kassadin and Poppy. The others can be countered somewhat, making them simply strong and not gamebreakingly overpowered. Exec/QSS > WW, Detection + Positioning > Wukong, Last Whisper/Void/QSS > Rammus, etc etc.
Urgot is kind of hard to counter and Rammus is considered OP because of his kit+movement speed so that's kind of uncounterable too.

I agree with WW and Wukong, except when you get to >20m, no one can kill WW. No one. Not sure if I would call that OP since his early game isn't nearly as strong, but you can rest assured that if the game lasts that long you will have trouble on your hands.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-29-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Or Morde, or TF, unless I'm mistaken.
morde, yes, but not tf. tf's p.a.c. doesn't convert the proc to magic damage.