Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Dear Sauron, how do I get my teammates to cap mid/bot when we lose top instead of throwing themselves on the enemy tower in a 4v4 situation? I try to explain nicely, I'm ignored. I try to bd, I usually get caught after neutralizing it, they kill me 3v1, they then 3man recap it for those delicious Dominion points, then I look top expecting my team to have capped it and they're still farming creeps. What do?

(also a little birdy told me that your queue time goes down dramatically if you queue with lower elo players. Say, someone like a certain person who's losing low elo games like it's going out of style...)
Only one person should be pushing top minions. If someone already is, then you should poke and harass the defenders at the point. If your team has more than one person pushing minions, just give up and go through their jungle and either backcap or harass anyone on the enemy team heading to top.

Backcapping ultimately depends on which champion you picked (See: POOTERSS) but ganking bot and harassing/delaying anyone in their jungle are also very useful. Sometimes you will have teams that perform very badly and the match cannot be won -- it happens to everyone.

If your team doesn't want to group up and follow an organized strategy, just go off and do what you think will be best for you. That way it'll at least be somewhat fun.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

I can put a link in the Dom mega thread if you want, then all we'll need is some bumps to get it attention

Sauron

03-24-2012

You can repost this guide anywhere you want, its just that I'll be updating it overtime, so... probably better to just link to it right now.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2012

Added a link, just looking through the information in that main post and it's pretty epic in terms of great info for Dominion starters and vets alike. All we're missing is that beginners video lol.

Here's a link to the thread in question in case you're wondering http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1833768

The Elk

03-24-2012

Also, I think the healing relic respawn time is 30s. This is more important bot. I will double check after the game I am queued for ends.

edit: Awesome. Thanks for checking PK.

AbsolutePK

03-24-2012

Mentioned fog but a lot of people seem to forget there's a handy strip of fog at the exit of your base.

And just tested health relic respawn, and it was 30 seconds.

Orphane

03-24-2012

Really informative, thanks for posting this.

But how hard are we supposed to blame Nekrogen?

Bofii Boomslang

03-24-2012

Thanks Sauron, I learned a few things :-)

Vaticide

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
But how hard are we supposed to blame Nekrogen?
You blame Nekrogen for all the things. And if he ever asks how mature you are, just tell him on a scale of 0-100, you're about a 69 for maturity.

Ascleph

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Don't be idle:
Don't sit on points. Go collect health packs or speed shrine, or scout the area briefly. If you absolutely must be near a point for a long period of time, be sure you're in the fog of war and to stay in the fog of war. It creates a "dude potential" for the enemy team as well as sometimes an assumption that you've simply recalled.
This needs to be broadcasted during every dominion match every 10 seconds. It pisses me off SO much when someone starts *****ing at the team for not idling in the points and "jungling"... it pisses me off sooo much because when your team happens to get owned while fighting for control of the jungle they seem to think that validates their strategy and its useless to talk back to them, since they are always right and they are the team "captain" because everyone else "sucks for jungling"

Makes you wonder how they got to 1.7k+ elo... or its just MM derping cause of a premade.

12345612 ... 22