Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoMitchel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-01-2012

bump

Panwar

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouLikeMyHat View Post
What are other people's general thoughts on mages vs melee bot, early game.

Talon, Riven, Jax, Lee Sin, Irelia, Panth, Renekton.

Its not all that common to see the above champs bot, but over time ive noticed they somewhat counter most mages, at least in the begining.

Their early damage can significantly outpace yours and you can quickly find yourself in full retreat from their aggression.
This is most noticable in the ad casters like Talon, Riven and Panth. A single engage, from range via dash or flash with a full q,w,e combo can bring you right down to near death with ignite or a few melee hits finishing you off.
They can also build MR with +dmg and defense in general and still put out high damage.

Building defense and focusing on minion management to prevent your bot being overrun seems to work best until you get enough ap and items to clear minions and harass on top.

I am surprised you dont see melee bot bot more often.
Many casters can harass from a further range than the melee's can. And most can push harder.

I have faced several of these as Gragas and Cass and even Karthas. Generally you just passively push the lane and then poke them with whatever you got when they run up to engage minions. If they advance toward you, you back off and make them run through minions. I actually have a much harder time going against these champs as a melee myself than as a mage.

If I play as these champs I do everything I can to force a confrontation with the ranged champ. As you said they will almost always lose. But you have to get them to that point. If they just passively push and throw safe pokes out, usually the melee doesn't have a chance without ganks.

A12MO12

05-03-2012

bump

NeoMitchel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2012

bump

Psi21

05-08-2012

Some good points here.

vNaK

05-16-2012

bump, lets not let this get to 4th page guys!

NeoMitchel

Recruiter

05-18-2012

bump

ZallKlos

05-18-2012

Can this be stickied?

Oddjustice

05-22-2012

Bump

Taenaryn

05-22-2012

There should definitely be a thumbtack on this post.