Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoYouLikeMyHat

04-25-2012

What are other people's general thoughts on mages vs melee bot, early game.

Talon, Riven, Jax, Lee Sin, Irelia, Panth, Renekton.

Its not all that common to see the above champs bot, but over time ive noticed they somewhat counter most mages, at least in the begining.

Their early damage can significantly outpace yours and you can quickly find yourself in full retreat from their aggression.
This is most noticable in the ad casters like Talon, Riven and Panth. A single engage, from range via dash or flash with a full q,w,e combo can bring you right down to near death with ignite or a few melee hits finishing you off.
They can also build MR with +dmg and defense in general and still put out high damage.

Building defense and focusing on minion management to prevent your bot being overrun seems to work best until you get enough ap and items to clear minions and harass on top.

I am surprised you dont see melee bot bot more often.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouLikeMyHat View Post
What are other people's general thoughts on mages vs melee bot, early game.

Talon, Riven, Jax, Lee Sin, Irelia, Panth, Renekton.

Its not all that common to see the above champs bot, but over time ive noticed they somewhat counter most mages, at least in the begining.

Their early damage can significantly outpace yours and you can quickly find yourself in full retreat from their aggression.
This is most noticable in the ad casters like Talon, Riven and Panth. A single engage, from range via dash or flash with a full q,w,e combo can bring you right down to near death with ignite or a few melee hits finishing you off.
They can also build MR with +dmg and defense in general and still put out high damage.

Building defense and focusing on minion management to prevent your bot being overrun seems to work best until you get enough ap and items to clear minions and harass on top.

I am surprised you dont see melee bot bot more often.
Riven is better suited at top, as well as most of the champions you mention, one of those guys going bot should be mostly on a counterpick Fashion they don't go Bot because excepting for Renek they haven't gotten much pushing power or at least not at Soraka's or Cass's levels. Talon counters Ahri bot pretty well, or at least manages to annoy the hell out of me until i get my ulti. SO yes it is Ahri free Week the bliss of Talon players !!!!

DoYouLikeMyHat

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Riven is better suited at top, as well as most of the champions you mention, one of those guys going bot should be mostly on a counterpick Fashion they don't go Bot because excepting for Renek they haven't gotten much pushing power or at least not at Soraka's or Cass's levels. Talon counters Ahri bot pretty well, or at least manages to annoy the hell out of me until i get my ulti. SO yes it is Ahri free Week the bliss of Talon players !!!!
Strong points.

It's hard to really gauge how strong who is at what as ive not seen enough of these champs bot enough times.

I have seen Talon, Renek, Riven and Panth push hard aswell as harass hard in games against mages and win bot.
Of course taking bot alone is a huge coup for your team and mages tend to trade for a stalemate or wait for their ult to try for a kill wheres as the ad casters can repeat their q,w,e combos often for kills.

Urgot is a monster bot but even him you dont see that often, maybe the ad casters will become more popular over time.

Noxialis Rex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

This needs to be stickied.

Sh4rpie

04-29-2012

Good lord. The best guide for dominion thus far.

Zarthorn

04-29-2012

Just to let you know, I've been playing a bit of partial tank bot lane Morde lately, definatley a solid choice that I'm suprised doesn't get picked more often especially since he has pretty good harrass and pushing capabilities early game (since you'll be starting with a hextech revolver for sustain)

It's very difficult to budge morde off the bot cap point, especially once he gets hold of Wota since he will be able to keep the creep waves away, unlike the usual "push to kill" you play "push to keep" until level 6, at which point if the enemy champ hasn't backed away or you haven't attracted the attention of one of the enemies teammates, you can turn into a bully and switch to the "push to kill" strat.

By the time Morde builds his first tanky item (FoN or Sunfire depending on weather the enemy team is AD or AP orientated) it will require at least 2-3 champs to stop him pushing the bot lane and diving Morde on his own bot is going to be a painful experience for anyone foolish enough to try it.

Tanky Morde Build:

9/21/0 Masteries

Mpen Reds
Armor Yellows
AP Blues
AP Quints

Core: WoTA, Rylai's, Sorc Boots
AP heavy defences: Force of Nature and Abysmal Scepter
AD heavy defences: Thornmail and Sunfire cape
Mix: Sunfire and Force of Nature
6th Item (long game): Optional but I usually go for Morello's evil Tome for the CDR, I could go Frozen heart but it's rare that it'll be finished in time so I go for the tome despite it having mana regen that I don't need, the goal is cost effectivity.

NeoMitchel

Recruiter

04-29-2012

bump

PursuitOfHappy

04-29-2012

ur 2768 now

http://lolmatches.com/top/dominion

best in dominion gratzzz

VoidInsanity

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
morde, yes, but not tf. tf's p.a.c. doesn't convert the proc to magic damage.
It doesn't but it should. It used to, its a bug IIRC.

Sauron

05-01-2012

Updated competitive section now that NESL is discontinued.