Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Sauron You mentioned tanky AP champions, is it something Like warwick or more like Leona/SInged, maybe somethin like Karma???, could you please go into details about the tanky Ap?

PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Olaf is best counterpicked and not counterbuilt. Kiting is his big weakness and ranged ADs will have a relatively easy time dealing with him.

I play a lot of different champions, but if I had to recommend one type for winning solo queue, it would be anyone who scales crazy hard into the lategame regardless of how weak they start.
i was just asking you who did you have more fun with xD, losing or winning didn't come to the case

Volandum

03-29-2012

How the heck does someone exploit a true random system?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Yes. It used to be true random, but someone figured out how to exploit that, so they changed to a not-so-true random system.
How can you exploit "true random"? Pseudo-random is easier to "exploit" as you can "count cards" so to speak...it's not sure-fire way, but you can stack the deck in your favor a hair. That said, the price you pay for pseudo-random (card counting) is made up for by the likelihood of proccing a 1% crit twice in a row (ie: almost never happens under pseudo-random).

Sauron

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Sauron You mentioned tanky AP champions, is it something Like warwick or more like Leona/SInged, maybe somethin like Karma???, could you please go into details about the tanky Ap?
Tanky AP is just going both AP and tank, rather than one or the other. RoA, Rylai's Abyssal, Zhonya's, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
How the heck does someone exploit a true random system?
Early in the life of LoL someone found a way (a hook?) to use X or S to cancel an autoattack if a crit animation wasn't called. Basically, all you needed was 15% or so crit chance and a low ping and you would be able to crit all the time with only slight variations in delays between them.

Only way to fix that was to either prevent interruption of autoattacks or to implement a not-so-true random system. The former would have felt laggy I'm sure.

The more you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
How can you exploit "true random"? Pseudo-random is easier to "exploit" as you can "count cards" so to speak...it's not sure-fire way, but you can stack the deck in your favor a hair. That said, the price you pay for pseudo-random (card counting) is made up for by the likelihood of proccing a 1% crit twice in a row (ie: almost never happens under pseudo-random).
The current RNG is supposed to not have the counting cards effect by not following with targets you switch. They can talk about that all they want, but the system Xypherous made DID fix the old exploit as well as ensure that non-zero and non-hundred chances do happen occasionally. That said, it seems to lean towards the extremes.

Saint Lee

03-29-2012

What about Rumble? Is he viable at high elo?

His ulti is really awesome in Dominion and he deals tonsofdamage.

Forestgreen02

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Lee View Post
What about Rumble? Is he viable at high elo?

His ulti is really awesome in Dominion and he deals tonsofdamage.
I was last at 2200 ELO, I won a bunch of game so IMO, yes he is viable since I played him. Just remember not to rush WoTa, go for Rylais first or at least giant's belt. I play Rumble by maxing out R->Q -> W -> E, don't bother with lvl1 E because for Rumble you want sustained damage and survivability. Getting E means you will constantly max out heat and get stuck with autoattack. Also you need play agressive since running away means your flamethower ain't doing jack.

inFe eD

03-29-2012

Rumble definitely viable at high elo. Some guy whose name eludes me plays almost exclusively Rumble in that bracket, and does well. Aiming skillshots well, especially his ult, is vital.

EDIT: Right, that guy.

Sauron

03-29-2012

Ascended One plays a ton of Rumble.

Aroyok

03-29-2012

Sir Sauron,

Your opinion on Anivia bot? I don't build RoA or Chalice often, but when I do it's on Anivia(both of them).

Sauron

03-29-2012

Haven't seen much Anivia, but ZaberZ had some success with her the few times he went top.

Her mana costs are very high and most of the regular bottom laners beat her pretty badly at the start since she lacks high base numbers and stats. Definately a champion that's been balanced around blue buff in SR.